Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why would you do this? That company can not seem to get its shit together. It’s not that it’s going to completely fail or anything it’s just such a slow mover and every time they release news it takes a shit because it’s always bad news.
Its at the intermediate support level going back to March. Dreamliner hopefully comes out in Oct. If I am wrong it tanks more but should see a floor here. If not then I can sit on it for a bit. Trying to find value when almost everything as at all-time highs is challenging. The low hanging fruit is done been picked.

1631117305490.png

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR -6%
Anothe day for PLTR. I cant find any real news but $PLTR on Twitter is just a spamfest of shit so its not worth navigating. On the plus side my covered calls might close today.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would you do this? That company can not seem to get its shit together. It’s not that it’s going to completely fail or anything it’s just such a slow mover and every time they release news it takes a shit because it’s always bad news.
People told me that when I bought the company 60 points ago. This should be at 300 already. Every time it gets to there, it gets shorted back down. Its a core position in Cramer's actionalerts. He says buy it now. And if it gets reapproval in China, he says thats worth 50 points.

Fundamentally this is one of the few companies that still are under valued. I look at tipranks a lot to see what the Analysts are saying (and also their report card).

BAtipranks.JPG

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought NCLH calls, 2nd day in a row where it starts the day spiking to 25.20, drops to 24.40, and ends the day around 25.00 after it reverses at 12:30. Let see if the pattern repeats

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sanrith, nothing wrong with buying super low, I just think its hard to find the bottom. So close enough is good enough. I missed the Amazon trade by $50 and now its up 10%. I'd rather have had the 10% than the 50.

I need to do better with buying into a name. I see an idea, I go balls deep. You can't buy the bottom, but what if you buy a little every week?

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nothing wrong with that, I just think its hard to find the bottom. So close enough is good enough. I missed the Amazon trade by $50 and now its up 10%. I'd rather have had the 10% than the 50.
I can only trade off technicals as that is what the algos trade off of which in essence becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If it is down below all the technical levels than I am using previous lines of support and making my best guess.

I accept I am going to miss some and that I am going to be wrong sometimes. Best I can do is minimize the damage the mistakes cause and hit more than I miss. Something like BA I started with a quarter position and will reassess if it drops 10%. If it moves up then I feel justified to add.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can only trade off technicals as that is what the algos trade off of which in essence becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If it is down below all the technical levels than I am using previous lines of support and making my best guess.

I accept I am going to miss some and that I am going to be wrong sometimes. Best I can do is minimize the damage the mistakes cause and hit more than I miss. Something like BA I started with a quarter position and will reassess if it drops 10%. If it moves up then I feel justified to add.
You know I look at technicals, but AMZN flew from just under 3200 to 3525, I was waiting for it to drop another 50.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You know I look at technicals, but AMZN flew from just under 3200 to 3525, I was waiting for it to drop another 50.
Its funny, but I start having processing issues when stock prices get above a certain point (case in point Amazon). I know I adjust the math in my head when I look at it, but it still hoses me up with pricing. The same with really low priced stuff (especially sub $10 prices).

I keep a list of stocks I want to add to my portfolio and I track them in a watch list all day, every day. Sometimes info will change and I will drop a name or add a name. Beyond that, I will research something if I hear/see a name that piques my interest and I think it will be a good fit.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Billionaires...

Amazon.com goes for jugular in FCC spat with SpaceX's Musk
REUTERS 2:34 PM ET 9/8/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
AMZN 3529.435down +20.145 (+0.574%)
TSLA 752.55up -0.37 (-0.0491%)
QUOTES AS OF 02:34:51 PM ET 09/08/2021
By David Shepardson

WASHINGTON, Sept 8 (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc(AMZN) told U.S. regulators on Wednesday that Elon Musk does not believe government regulations apply to the billionaire who heads Tesla Inc(TSLA) and SpaceX as the companies spar over rival satellite-based internet plans.

In a harshly worded filing with the Federal Communications Commission, Amazon(AMZN) accused Musk of ignoring a variety of government-imposed rules, including several Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements.

"Whether it is launching satellites with unlicensed antennas, launching rockets without approval, building an unapproved launch tower, or re-opening a factory in violation of a shelter-in-place order, the conduct of SpaceX and other Musk-led companies makes their view plain: rules are for other people, and those who insist upon or even simply request compliance are deserving of derision and ad hominem attacks," Amazon(AMZN) wrote. "If the FCC regulated hypocrisy, SpaceX would be keeping the commission very busy."

Both SpaceX and Tesla did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Wednesday. The FCC and FAA declined to comment.

Amazon's (AMZN) Project Kuiper, a planned $10 billion network of over 3,000 satellites that will provide high-speed internet from space, faces stiff competition from SpaceX's Starlink network.

Amazon (AMZN) founder Jeff Bezos and Musk are rivals in the private space launch business. Bezos' Blue Origin has challenged the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's decision to award a $2.9 billion lunar lander contract to SpaceX.

Amazon (AMZN) on Aug. 25 asked the FCC to reject a proposed SpaceX revision to its satellite configuration plans, saying it was at odds with FCC rules and left "nearly every major detail unsettled."

Last week, SpaceX accused Amazon(AMZN) in its own filing with the FCC of seeking to delay SpaceX's plan, saying it was "only the latest in its continuing efforts to slow down competition."

SpaceX added: "While SpaceX has proceeded to deploy more than 1,700 satellites, Amazon(AMZN) has yet to even attempt to address the radiofrequency interference and orbital debris issues that must be resolved before Amazon(AMZN) can deploy its constellation."

SpaceX suggested Amazon(AMZN) "as it falls behind competitors ... is more than willing to use regulatory and legal processes to create obstacles designed to delay those competitors from leaving Amazon(AMZN) even further behind."

Amazon's (AMZN) filing said "SpaceX has just one name for any private company that dares point out its flouting of laws and regulations: 'anticompetitive.'" (Reporting by David Shepardson; editing by Jonathan Oatis)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like such a sucker for being in some of these companies when I can control my money through trading. Made an easy 1% today shorting Tesla, while stocks I've held onto for a long time are down.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let's hope this keeps up.

Attachments

• Covid 9-8a.JPG
    Covid 9-8a.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Covid 9-8b.JPG
    Covid 9-8b.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 9

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Missed on my AMGN order by 10 cents, missed on my ABBV order by 72 cents, missed CRM by $1.58 and hit on BA at $212 which caught support at about $210.50 and bounced.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BRIEF-Chevron, Caterpillar Announce Collaboration Agreement On Hydrogen
REUTERS 4:11 PM ET 9/8/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
CAT 206.77down -1.46 (-0.7011%)
CVX 96.39down -0.67 (-0.6903%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 09/08/2021
Sept 8 (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc(CAT):

* CHEVRON(CVX), CATERPILLAR ANNOUNCE COLLABORATION AGREEMENT ON HYDROGEN

* CHEVRON U.S.A. - COLLABORATION GOAL IS TO CONFIRM FEASIBILITY OF HYDROGEN AS COMMERCIALLY VIABLE ALTERNATIVE FOR LINE-HAUL RAIL AND MARINE VESSELS

* CHEVRON U.S.A. - COLLABORATION AGREEMENT TO DEVELOP HYDROGEN DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS IN TRANSPORTATION & STATIONARY POWER APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING PRIME POWER

* CHEVRON U.S.A. - COS AGREED TO DEMONSTRATE A HYDROGEN-FUELED LOCOMOTIVE AND ASSOCIATED HYDROGEN-FUELING INFRASTRUCTURE

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
BRIEF-Chevron, Caterpillar Announce Collaboration Agreement On Hydrogen
REUTERS 4:11 PM ET 9/8/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
CAT 206.77down -1.46 (-0.7011%)
CVX 96.39down -0.67 (-0.6903%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 09/08/2021
Sept 8 (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc(CAT):

* CHEVRON(CVX), CATERPILLAR ANNOUNCE COLLABORATION AGREEMENT ON HYDROGEN

* CHEVRON U.S.A. - COLLABORATION GOAL IS TO CONFIRM FEASIBILITY OF HYDROGEN AS COMMERCIALLY VIABLE ALTERNATIVE FOR LINE-HAUL RAIL AND MARINE VESSELS

* CHEVRON U.S.A. - COLLABORATION AGREEMENT TO DEVELOP HYDROGEN DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS IN TRANSPORTATION & STATIONARY POWER APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING PRIME POWER

* CHEVRON U.S.A. - COS AGREED TO DEMONSTRATE A HYDROGEN-FUELED LOCOMOTIVE AND ASSOCIATED HYDROGEN-FUELING INFRASTRUCTURE
so buy because its green and good companies?