Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
ummm...

It feels blown out of proportion reading that. A small fraction of money that’s his controlled by someone else doesn’t really rise to the level of some scheme in my eyes. He likely has some money in a lot of things.

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I want to be mad, but a rich guy owning REIT's and stocks...uh, no shit?

The Fed was buying everything, that there's some overlap isn't a story.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Have orders in to sell the following puts:

SPY210930P430
IWM210930P220
EEM210930P50

Not a ton of money, $100k . These trades are my hedge against there not being a deeper correction. I'm still "hoping" for more but going to nibble here. Expiration is only 13 days out and don't mind assignment on this amount.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah news at 11 super rich guy has investments, none of which that he manages.
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

• 1Worf

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Closed my short on Apple that I reopened today, made .63% in a couple of hours today. Would rather be short than long right now.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is what I am seeing on the SPY. Bounce that was near yesterday's low and a pivot, but overall an inside day (today's daily candle was entirely within yesterday's). Also of note, the volume (bottom of chart) was lower on today's green bounce day than the previous 3 red days. Not exactly convinced the bounce will stick. I am still sitting and waiting for setups.

View attachment 372832

(Posted from Wednesday)

Color me shocked with today's market action.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPY chart I am looking at now. Next week is going to be very important. Either buyers are coming in to pick us up, or we can really open up to some continued downside. Notice today's sell volume was the highest we have seen since July 19th. Also to note, this is the furthest we have broken down outside of the ascending support macro trend line from March of this year.

Just some bigger market observations. Be cautious picking up longs. Know what you own and have a game plan if we see further downside.

SPY2.JPG

• 2Like
  • 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPY chart I am looking at now. Next week is going to be very important. Either buyers are coming in to pick us up, or we can really open up to some continued downside. Notice today's sell volume was the highest we have seen since July 19th. Just some bigger market observations. Be cautious picking up longs. Know what you own and have a game plan if we see further downside.

View attachment 373115
Good advice. If any of us had a crystal ball we could retire to our own private island. We can just take what the market gives us. I am sticking with my long term strategy. When I see quality companies down at their 100/200 DMAs that I like, I am grabbing some small positions and seeing if they bounce off the support. What I am not doing is adding to ETFs at current valuations. Those I need to see some air come out first.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Politics aside, a flight ban for the unvaccinated could have positive consequence in making others feel more comfortable to fly. The unvaxed are the minority, but does make many people uncomfortable.

Some cruise lines (Norwegian) have been asking to make cruise travel vaccine required. FL governor has been fighting it left and right. The CEO knows that fully vaccinated passengers would make many more comfortable with bookings.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Politics aside, a flight ban for the unvaccinated could have positive consequence in making others feel more comfortable to fly. The unvaxed are the minority, but does make many people uncomfortable.

Some cruise lines (Norwegian) have been asking to make cruise travel vaccine required. FL governor has been fighting it left and right. The CEO knows that fully vaccinated passengers would make many more comfortable with bookings.
The math on that completely doesn't work.

Unless there's been a massive surge you're still looking at 45% of the population is unvaxxed. Let's say it's only 40% unvaxxed at this point to make the best case for your theory.

So that gives us 60% of the population vaxxed. How many won't fly because of the unvaxxed? Let's exaggerate for your cause and say HALF of the vaccinated people won't fly because of unvaccinated people. So 30% of people won't fly because of the "pandemic of the unvaccinated"...

You're willing to put in a mandate to ban 45% of your customers for the sake of attracting 30%?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Also keep in mind that the most skittish people got vaxed and a large chunk of them are still locked up at home and not flying to begin with. They aren’t going to change their mind now.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just read an interesting day trading strategy, TLDR is you can set up TOS to use the first 30 minutes of trading as price discovery and set support/resistance levels for the day.

• 3Like
  • 1I Came
  • 1Genius!
Reactions: 4 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anybody watch Cramer last night? Man, he's even more bearish. Listen to what he said, he said you should be shorting the next week or two.

I am 50/50 long term investments and shorting, and still have room to short more. Shorting TSLA, AAPL and the SPY.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users