Investing General Discussion

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yes. Raising interest rates is how you combat inflation. Macroecon 101.
Yup. I can't imagine any rate hike lasts for more than a few months though. Debt is simply too high, the whole system comes down. They're not gunna let the zombies die I don't think. We either default via missed payments, or default via inflating the currency. One is a lot more painful than the other for politicians.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't make a decision based on a recent entry on a LT holding. Always deal with the chart that is front of you
View attachment 375140
So nothing particular concerning YET when looking at a long term chart. The stock clearly has resistance at 25, the 200 week avg right below it's current level will be the point to watch. It can dip below without a panic but if goes below and and doesn't recapture that will cause the 200 wk ma to start flattening out and then roll over. This we don't want. As a REIT it's interest rate sensitive. The move from Nov is now being challenged. CTRE pays over a 5% divy holdings like this only work if you have the patience to reinvest dividends and hold them for long periods of time. You want increasing dividends which it's providing. Start thinking about dips as opportunities to reinvest dividends at a favorable price.

You get into swing trading a LT dividend play is usually not going to work out. Feel bad cause I think I mentioned this one to you as far as liking Healthcare REITS more than retail/office reits in this environment. Back in June we were above the 20 day above the 50 and both where above the 200 now today all three of those things are now the opposite. Only you know if you hold too much of it, in a properly weighted portfolio I would show some more patience and watch the $20 range. Make sure you are reinvesting dividends.
CTRE update Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule
Capture.JPG

So we tested the no no zone of below $20 and it immediately bounced and now today a good green day moving above the 20d sma, will take probably two weeks or so but we want to see that 20 sma turn up and climb on top of the 50d. There can be some backfilling but in a healthy set up it will hold the above the 20d sma. You can see it did this same thing in August before failing yet again. Needs to climb to $22 to really get out of the woods but we are entering a range where it may be possible to sell or use a stop without feeling like you are panic selling (not a recommendation to sell or hold)

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yup. I can't imagine any rate hike lasts for more than a few months though. Debt is simply too high, the whole system comes down.
Paul Volcker would like to discuss this with you. A real Fed doesn't give a fuck what happens to stock markets when inflation is running hot or stagflation rears its ugly head. Kids today have no idea what real interest rate shock looks like...

1634237681847.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
CTRE update Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule
View attachment 377234
So we tested the no no zone of below $20 and it immediately bounced and now today a good green day moving above the 20d sma, will take probably two weeks or so but we want to see that 20 sma turn up and climb on top of the 50d. There can be some backfilling but in a healthy set up it will hold the above the 20d sma. You can see it did this same thing in August before failing yet again. Needs to climb to $22 to really get out of the woods but we are entering a range where it may be possible to sell or use a stop without feeling like you are panic selling (not a recommendation to sell or hold)
giphy.gif

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Paul Volcker would like to discuss this with you. A real Fed doesn't give a fuck what happens to stock markets when inflation is running hot or stagflation rears its ugly head. Kids today have no idea what real interest rate shock looks like...
Totally agree. I just don't think anyone in control right now has the stones to do it. JPow != Volcker

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yup. I can't imagine any rate hike lasts for more than a few months though. Debt is simply too high, the whole system comes down. They're not gunna let the zombies die I don't think. We either default via missed payments, or default via inflating the currency. One is a lot more painful than the other for politicians.
As Sanrith pointed out its happened before.

Defaulting is bad, but so is rampant inflation that causes your a good chunk of your population to go apeshit over not being able to buy a house or car. Remember last year when one drug addicted ODed while being arrested? A large chunk of this country is more than happy to start burning shit down and destroying everything.

At the end of the day I dont think the powers that be remotely care about the downsides whatever they may be. The only thing they care about is kicking the can down the road as long as possible and theyll do and say anything to kick it as long as possible.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As Sanrith pointed out its happened before.

Defaulting is bad, but so is rampant inflation that causes your a good chunk of your population to go apeshit over not being able to buy a house or car. Remember last year when one drug addicted ODed while being arrested? A large chunk of this country is more than happy to start burning shit down and destroying everything.

At the end of the day I dont think the powers that be remotely care about the downsides whatever they may be. The only thing they care about is kicking the can down the road as long as possible and theyll do and say anything to kick it as long as possible.
Most people aren't old enough to remember mortgage rates at 10-15%. Plug those percentages into a mortgage calculator and watch your peepee shrivel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
From the makers of the sub prime mortgage bubble, we bring you The Big Short 2: on wheels

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As of the close I am green in all 8 sectors of the market I have invested in. Industrials and Materials were new and had been lagging. Green is good.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Where's the best place to set alerts for that? Fidelity doesn't have that option.
The DMA changes constantly, it's a living number. Best bet is to set your limit orders good till cancelled and then each weak adjust the price to the new adjusted number until they fill.

With Fidelity you can also set price alerts and as with orders, you need to update then weekly or so.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Marketwatch is also pretty good. Can setup alerts with that and generally a good platform for browsing stocks.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Don't they say the average time a person lives in a home they buy is 7 years?
It may be the average, but that used to be the rule of thumb for MINIUMUM time you should live in a house so that appreciation can offset the transaction costs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user