Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Most people aren't old enough to remember mortgage rates at 10-15%. Plug those percentages into a mortgage calculator and watch your peepee shrivel.

Old enough to remember 18% CD's when I was young. Heard it for the next 40 years from my grandmother about how much they sucked now. People built a house next to my parents at the worst possible time mortgage wise. Their house note was almost 4 times what my parents was for basically the same house. He was CEO of the power company and he paid me back for something I got him on the way home from school. He wrote me a home equity loan check for like $10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
HOLY SHIT!!!

Haha, j/k, I have no idea what any of that means. Translation pls?
AMC at $39.90
115,000 call options (11,500,000 shares) with a $40 strike expiring tomorrow.
44,000 puts options (4.4 millions shares) with a $40 strike expiring tomorrow.

That is a fuckton of Gamma expiring tomorrow at the money. Gamma = the rate at which Delta changes. Delta = the price movement of an option for each $1 dollar change in the underlying share price.

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
check the options chain/SI/catalysts for OCGN this week. play what youre comfortable with! or nothing at all.
Short interest is currently higher on OCGN than it was when AMC initially squozed. buy cheap OTM calls (12-12.5 strike and up) for tomorrow or next week and profit when WHO approval hits. *was at 7.70 when i posted that. closed 10.21 AH today.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
AMC at $39.90
115,000 call options (11,500,000 shares) with a $40 strike expiring tomorrow.
44,000 puts options (4.4 millions shares) with a $40 strike expiring tomorrow.

That is a fuckton of Gamma expiring tomorrow at the money. Gamma = the rate at which Delta changes. Delta = the price movement of an option for each $1 dollar change in the underlying share price.
OK I get that's what those terms mean, what I don't get is what effect any of that is going to have on AMC stock price, people who hold it currently, the overall market, robin hood, citadel, apes, reddit, FOH, the SEC, the Fed, or Brandon.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
OK I get that's what those terms mean, what I don't get is what effect any of that is going to have on AMC stock price, people who hold it currently, the overall market, robin hood, citadel, apes, reddit, FOH, the SEC, the Fed, or Brandon.
Just means there will be a lot of action on the stock tomorrow. All those call holders and apes really want it to break over 40 so it squeezes higher as those contracts get covered. Market Makers who have to fulfill those contracts will do everything to keep it under 40.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It means that as those options expire, shares that had to be bought/sold as hedges by the makers will no longer be needed as hedges.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Im not promoting it, but FB floating around the 200--DMA of $318. It bounced off it the other day and then hit overhead resistance at the mid $320s. My honest thought is with all their headwinds, a drop to long term support at $280 is possible. Its a 13% drop from here and I dont think it comes to pass without some real externality hitting it hard. The chart isn't good right now. $300 could easily be in the cards for it. And so could $350.

1634306313758.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T is an interesting play right now. Earnings is next week. They have to discuss the spinoff of Warner and also the dividend. Its a gamble. But at this price its not a high risk gamble. IF the dividend gets cut in half, you are still over 4% PLUS you will get the dividend from the Discovery spinoff shares. This could be an 8-10% dividend payer combined. T cutting the dividend and using the proceeds to pay down debt is a good thing for the long term health of the company.

Or it could end up being total shit because T management is dogshit.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
T is an interesting play right now. Earnings is next week. They have to discuss the spinoff of Warner and also the dividend. Its a gamble. But at this price its not a high risk gamble. IF the dividend gets cut in half, you are still over 4% PLUS you will get the dividend from the Discovery spinoff shares. This could be an 8-10% dividend payer combined. T cutting the dividend and using the proceeds to pay down debt is a good thing for the long term health of the company.

Or it could end up being total shit because T management is dogshit.

It's tempting but 8% yield on a big well known name like this means the market is telling us something is coming and it isn't good. Now it appears a lot of people waited for the last dividend then dumped, but chart is ugly don't need to catch the exact bottom of a long term divy hold. If it is going to stabilize then we'll see a lot of improvement in the moving averages and it would still likely be below $28/share

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im not promoting it, but FB floating around the 200--DMA of $318. It bounced off it the other day and then hit overhead resistance at the mid $320s. My honest thought is with all their headwinds, a drop to long term support at $280 is possible. Its a 13% drop from here and I dont think it comes to pass without some real externality hitting it hard. The chart isn't good right now. $300 could easily be in the cards for it. And so could $350.
Shorting FB is easy money right now. Made 651 on it in 20 minutes today. Or I should say 351, I fatfingered the order, my sinuses ache. I could have made the 651, but the market has been open 45 minutes, and I'm going to go do something else today other than trade.