Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In other investing news, a wild Jack Ma was sighted in Europe and Facebook wants to rename/rebrand itself on Oct 28. Something about focusing on the "metaverse" whatever the fuck thats supposed to mean

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PYPL says its interested in buying PINS at 70$ a share. PINS up 10+% on the news, currently at 62$

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
In other investing news, a wild Jack Ma was sighted in Europe and Facebook wants to rename/rebrand itself on Oct 28. Something about focusing on the "metaverse" whatever the fuck thats supposed to mean
I thought the Chinese disappeared him?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Let's just agree both parties suck and focus on how we can exploit understanding of their behavior to make money just like the corporations you're trading.
After thinking about this for a few days, I'm not sure suck is the right description.

A lot of people on both sides wanted to see globalism dramatically scaled back (Trump and most Democrats were against TPP, for instance) , and they wanted this in order to re-shore American manufacturing jobs and drive up American wages. Supply chain issues is a necessary consequence and necessary driver of re-shoring American manufacturing. Inflation is a necessary consequence of rising wages. COVID is accelerating what the Trump tariffs were already doing. Even if we sustained double the normal rate of inflation over the next decade, that is ultimately a small price to pay for the re-shoring of American jobs and the rebuilding of the American domestic supply chains.

This is actually what most people on these forums asked for, and it is happening faster than expected due to COVID, and that's going to cause some blips in the graphs, but it's not necessarily bad.

Invest in American logistics and supply chain companies. Amazon clearly has their shit in order, and will experience less short-term pain (because they have the logistics and the ability to expand them even further) than many other companies will over the next 2 holiday seasons, while other companies catch up. Invest in American manufacturing.

• 1Picard

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
After thinking about this for a few days, I'm not sure suck is the right description.

A lot of people on both sides wanted to see globalism dramatically scaled back (Trump and most Democrats were against TPP, for instance) , and they wanted this in order to re-shore American manufacturing jobs and drive up American wages. Supply chain issues is a necessary consequence and necessary driver of re-shoring American manufacturing. Inflation is a necessary consequence of rising wages. COVID is accelerating what the Trump tariffs were already doing. Even if we sustained double the normal rate of inflation over the next decade, that is ultimately a small price to pay for the re-shoring of American jobs and the rebuilding of the American domestic supply chains.

This is actually what most people on these forums asked for, and it is happening faster than expected due to COVID, and that's going to cause some blips in the graphs, but it's not necessarily bad.

Invest in American logistics and supply chain companies. Amazon clearly has their shit in order, and will experience less short-term pain (because they have the logistics and the ability to expand them even further) than many other companies will over the next 2 holiday seasons, while other companies catch up. Invest in American manufacturing.
International shipping was always going to get fucky and mess with supply chains in a scenario where we bring "back" more manufacturing to America. Thing is, fucking with logistics trains needs to be tapered or you get the chaos you're seeing currently.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So the sideways market lasted about 6 weeks. I don't know that I've ever paid attention to a sideways market as opposed to a correction, so I don't know what to expect.

It does feel nice to be back where we were at the end of August though.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It means their brand is shit and they know it. They also know millennial and kids won't go near anything named "Facebook". It's for old people.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PYPL says its interested in buying PINS at 70$ a share. PINS up 10+% on the news, currently at 62$
Sign of shitty management when they break off their core business to chase something totally unrelated. Dumb fucks.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So the sideways market lasted about 6 weeks. I don't know that I've ever paid attention to a sideways market as opposed to a correction, so I don't know what to expect.

It does feel nice to be back where we were at the end of August though.
There is money to be made in sideways markets. You play the trough tops and bottoms. Its great with options but can be done swing trading stocks too. See: PLTR as an example.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I assume the thought is how much of the ad to sale conversion that happens on Pinterest that PayPal can be in the middle of.
I would less annoyed about this if they were dominating their market. They aren't. They should be focusing on crushing SQ. I don't see how this helps them against SQ.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jeez, my shares in Paypal have been destroyed. Thinking of selling, been a long term hold. Bears will short it down until oblivion.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1634827064894.png

Hottest stock on the market today is trumps SPAC.

Volume is off the charts.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Traded TSLA a bit, but I'm out. A little over 1k profit in an hour on a 100k trade (held it from last night). You fuckers are crazy, pushing it to 900. Starting to feel like trading around earnings is like trading a slot machine. Yesterday, the stock kept jumping up and down $20 a share in a few seconds on earnings. Not sure if there's any skill involved, or if I should be doing it. If its got a slot machine feeling to it, I leave the stock.

At this point, I don't want to scalp it long, or go short. You could get crushed either way. Its worth 300 max.

TSLA 10-21.JPG