Investing General Discussion

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
SPAC?

iu

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Closing out of CCI with a 12.5% gain. Guidance was only for 5% sales growth, and it benefitted from lower interest rates. A little too conservative for me.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cutting my position in paypal by half. The traders are just going to short it and go long on PINS until the deal is closed. The deal isn't seen as a great one, either.

I think that is too quick of a reaction. Or too late. If you were going to sell it should have been on the news. Companies who announce acquisitions always tank because investors rarely have the patience to let the dust settle. ABBV got annihilated back when it announced the Allergan purchase. It makes what is happening to PYPL seem like a minor dip. It has proved to be an amazing move by them and the stock has doubled since it bottomed out.

Not saying I like the PINS move at this point but I haven't had time to dig in to it. I own PYPL long term so I'll ride it out and add if I see it hit my support targets.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think that is too quick of a reaction. Or too late. If you were going to sell it should have been on the news. Companies who announce acquisitions always tank because investors rarely have the patience to let the dust settle. ABBV got annihilated back when it announced the Allergan purchase. It makes what is happening to PYPL seem like a minor dip. It has proved to be an amazing move by them and the stock has doubled since it bottomed out.

Not saying I like the PINS move at this point but I haven't had time to dig in to it. I own PYPL long term so I'll ride it out and add if I see it hit my support targets.
I was in AMD when they shorted it down for six months' straight, after Xilinx. They pushed it down dang near 25%, it was a slow bleed for six months. Anyway, PYPL is actually lower than where I sold it. Regardless, I think there's better ways to be spending my money. So position is cut in half.

I still have no idea how PINS is going to add synergies to PYPL.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I was in AMD when they shorted it down for six months' straight, after Xilinx. They pushed it down dang near 25%, it was a slow bleed for six months. Anyway, PYPL is actually lower than where I sold it. Regardless, I think there's better ways to be spending my money. So position is cut in half.

I still have no idea how PINS is going to add synergies to PYPL.
That deal is all stock iirc, so dilution was in order for AMD. Also AMD has a funny way of entering into business deals with their larger direct competitors. First selling GPUs to Intel for their NUCs, now supplying Nvidia with CPUs for their cloud gaming service.

Also picked up LVS Tuesday at $39.80. We really need that time machine.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, that DWAC we had a chuckle about last page trading at $17? It has hit a high of day $52!

Insane.

*Edit* DWAC warrants (DWAC.W) are up 2300% today.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Maybe now's a good time to invest in facebook and twitter. They'll ride the coattails of truth.com's success I think.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They are hammering the shit out of it. Kinda wondering why I didn't sell the rest.
Something to keep in mind due it's place in ETFs like QQQ there is a metric fuckton of institutional ownership. And they aren't selling QQQ or SPY because of PYPL. No short who isn't insane is going to hold this short more than a few days because they understand the indexes are melting up right now.

Back over $260 within 2 weeks is my guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Something to keep in mind due it's place in ETFs like QQQ there is a metric fuckton of institutional ownership. And they aren't selling QQQ or SPY because of PYPL. No short who isn't insane is going to hold this short more than a few days because they understand the indexes are melting up right now.

Back over $260 within 2 weeks is my guess.
under 220 in 2 weeks