Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People complaining on Twitter about the market "dumping".

1638909545189.png

smh GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MRNA running up and DAL / NCLH selling the last 30mins.

Some covid news hit or what?

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MOC goes to 3.2B sale side, SPY dumps to 466.25 and proceeds to reverse and rip back over vwap.

Some fun volatile times we are trading in.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Real estate conglomerates are crashing into the abyss and Betterment lays of 15% of their workforce.

So, when can I afford a house again?

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Real estate conglomerates are crashing into the abyss and Betterment lays of 15% of their workforce.

As soon as JP morgan and citi can unload all their toxic assets

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

never - when that house falls into your price range your interest rate will be 20+%

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've only got 1 thing in my portfolio that's still red now.

RIP FCOM.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TAM dude. PLTR needs to make a product that's actually usable by the thousands of mediocre mid-to-small-cap businesses that exist out there. Something that will actually take all their shitty data and do something useful with it.

PLTR is trying to sell their tech to companies that are big enough that they already have entire departments devoted to ML and analytics.
Good luck. I work in data all day and most companies have unbelievably shitty data.

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Good luck. I work in data all day and most companies have unbelievably shitty data.
Yeah. Between poor database setup in the beginning, people adding fields throughout the years, people changing processes and what fields are used for, people having no idea what data they even want or could act upon. Data is generally shit unless you have gatekeepers with strict rules, auditing data integrity. Not going to find many of those people spread across small companies.

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Agreed.

I work in enterprise software and even the global companies in my industry have several different systems, each environment has data that's difficult/impossible to report on, and none of them talk to each other.

• 1Like