Investing General Discussion

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Evergrande related?
Nah bro, 3% of China's GDP going poof wont do anything to the world economy.
People who think the "metaverse" is gonna take off when MMO companies, the people most equipped to build such a thing, have stagnated for over a decade, are idiots.
IMO the possibility is certainly there. Imagine virtual experiences like rollercoasters, tours of famous landmarks, walkthroughs on how to perform xyz task etc. without having to leave your home. Instead its being billed as human condition 2.0 all while being marketed by psychopaths.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can she get 200% by the end of the day?

1639075143209.png

• 1Tendies
  • 1Diamond Hands
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
People who think the "metaverse" is gonna take off when MMO companies, the people most equipped to build such a thing, have stagnated for over a decade, are idiots.

The Metaverse has as much chance of being real as Star Citizen does.
More 47 IQ nonsense. You look at the state of MMO's and then think any of the people making that dreck are 'equipped' to do anything besides write a low-rated buzzfeed post? I'm guessing these people might be able to do better...

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
More 47 IQ nonsense. You look at the state of MMO's and then think any of the people making that dreck are 'equipped' to do anything besides write a low-rated buzzfeed post? I'm guessing these people might be able to do better...

The metaverse isn't going to be an MMO dumb dumb. It's essentially web 3.0.

It's going to be where everyone plants their game and users won't have to onboard into 10 different platforms. We'll eventually see a lot of crossover until the line between IP's is blurred.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The metaverse isn't going to be an MMO dumb dumb. It's essentially web 3.0.

It's going to be where everyone plants their game and users won't have to onboard into 10 different platforms. We'll eventually see a lot of crossover until the line between IP's is blurred.
I was agreeing with you. These people being people doing the metaverse stuff.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IMO the possibility is certainly there. Imagine virtual experiences like rollercoasters, tours of famous landmarks, walkthroughs on how to perform xyz task etc. without having to leave your home. Instead its being billed as human condition 2.0 all while being marketed by psychopaths.
I'm not saying virtual reality is not going to happen.

I'm saying there's not going to be an interconnected, cross-platform, cross-vendor Metaverse where people carrying consistent identities across platforms.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry I wasnt here today. Been busy with baby. I eye'd MTTR for that $25 support entry at the open, but through the day it really only had a fraction of the bid support as the last few days. 17k shares bid vs the 50-60k shares the last few days. Wasn't a risk / reward entry for me. Hope no one caught that flush.

Conversely, just made a nice daytrade on LCID. $38.01 entry while it showed well over 300k share bid support at $38. Caught a 60c bounce scaling profit along the way. Out of that trade now, but there is still currently 330k shares sitting on the bid at $38.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sorry I wasnt here today. Been busy with baby. I eye'd MTTR for that $25 support entry at the open, but through the day it really only had a fraction of the bid support as the last few days. 17k shares bid vs the 50-60k shares the last few days. Wasn't a risk / reward entry for me. Hope no one caught that flush.

Conversely, just made a nice daytrade on LCID. $38.01 entry while it showed well over 300k share bid support at $38. Caught a 60c bounce scaling profit along the way. Out of that trade now, but there is still currently 330k shares sitting on the bid at $38.

Tell them to get out of the way of my puts damn it

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Just listened to Cathie shilling on Bloomberg. Pretty sure I’m retarded now.

1639078160729.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just play off charts, whether theres a metaverse or not means jack shit to majority of traders. MOMO is everything.

Like Jysin said, volume has been shit in MTTR today which is partly why it even got to $25. Can only stomp on support so many times before the bottom falls out.

Good example of what to look for in the market though, at least intraday.

On the daily its been getting crushed, next support at $23, so its got a bit to go...if $23 doesn't hold, down to $21 and at that point, its dead.

1639078098172.png

AVCT has been wild today, huge volume.

1639078287898.png

1639078313043.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I feel like if you take out the 5 biggest dumpster fires, it'd probably be more positive on a whole. There's a few stocks getting absolutely shitted on this year ala BABA. The big 5 are all probably way overvalued, but I expect that to end a forward looking indicator. Rather than them crashing, I think we'll find our money being the thing that ends up less valuable in the end.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I feel like if you take out the 5 biggest dumpster fires, it'd probably be more positive on a whole. There's a few stocks getting absolutely shitted on this year ala BABA.
You can also look at advance to decline ratios. Pretty out of whack as of late.

Could Cramer be any more detached from reality?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users