Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ackman is publicly massively short. He wants to scaremonger (again) the markets into his favor. I find it nonsense he is claiming "the market is doing the Fed's job" by selling off. It is all a part of the tightening cycle. If he thinks the markets are selling now because of inflation and NOT because the Fed are putting the brakes on, he is kidding no one. We had massive inflation for the last year and a half.. why didn't the markets puke then? Oh yea, accommodative Fed. What has changed now? Fed taking the punch bowl away at the party.

If the Fed came out tomorrow and does what Ackman claims: " How does this downward market spiral end? It ends when the Fed puts a line in the sand on inflation and says it will do ‘whatever it takes.’" .. I guarantee the market would continue the plummet even more violently.

Dude makes no sense here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Comments all over it.

ack.jpg

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ackman is publicly massively short. He wants to scaremonger (again) the markets into his favor. I find it nonsense he is claiming "the market is doing the Fed's job" by selling off. It is all a part of the tightening cycle. If he thinks the markets are selling now because of inflation and NOT because the Fed are putting the brakes on, he is kidding no one. We had massive inflation for the last year and a half.. why didn't the markets puke then? Oh yea, accommodative Fed. What has changed now? Fed taking the punch bowl away at the party.

If the Fed came out tomorrow and does what Ackman claims: " How does this downward market spiral end? It ends when the Fed puts a line in the sand on inflation and says it will do ‘whatever it takes.’" .. I guarantee the market would continue the plummet even more violently.

Dude makes no sense here.
On this we shall disagree. The Fed has been worthless. Contrary to many beliefs, those fucks on the Fed arent stupid. They know they screwed the pooch on inflation and they still refuse to do what needs done. This is willful. How are you enjoying this "transitory" "soft landing"?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In no way am I defending the Fed. They are miles behind the curve. I am merely pointing out Ackman's flawed logic that mysteriously benefits his bet against the markets.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Margin stats. The bleed in margin accounts is real. The free credit in margin accounts has not increased as margin debt has decreased so I'm guessing that most of those 50 billions from margin debt was vaporized in liquidations since the new year.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Margin stats. The bleed in margin accounts is real. The free credit in margin accounts has not increased as margin debt has decreased so I'm guessing that most of those 50 billions from margin debt was vaporized in liquidations since the new year.

I feel attacked.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
NVDA reporting today.

There's a chance they put up some good numbers with the recent fall in card prices and most sites were out of stock immediately for a select few cards but that isn't any something i want to bet my money on.

A lot of money can be made or lost but I've learned that it's just not worth it.

Market is also closed on Monday.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA reporting today.

There's a chance they put up some good numbers with the recent fall in card prices and most sites were out of stock immediately for a select few cards but that isn't any something i want to bet my money on.

A lot of money can be made or lost but I've learned that it's just not worth it.

Market is also closed on Monday.
The way the current market is they will either crush earnings but some Fed president will say "raise rates by 200 basis points" and the market will drag NVDA down or they will make/miss earnings but lower guidance and the stock will drop 25%.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact the CPI is so manipulated its disgusting that the fed is even behind on the fake CPI reports, if we compared to how far behind real inflation it is, it's criminal.
1653488578043.png

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Hope all you 🏳️‍🌈🐻 covered your shorts. We about to fucking run.

NVDA crushes, and we gap up bb.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure what happened but I will take it...

1653489064931.png

edit: apparently SpaceX is carrying some SPIR satellites today.

Also could be a sympathy move from this...

Last edited:
  • 1To the Moon!
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We just rejected the top of channel on SPY. Granted it is only over a month, but it has held up top and bottom for this period. We either break above and hold and run, or we are headed back to bottom of channel lows.

SPY.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Dayum, what happened at 2pm eastern to make QQQ surge? Looks like some pretty big green candles there...

• 1Tendies