Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Crude oil is up. However in other fantastic news, Exxon has put a stop order on fracking after a death and an injury to contractors that were fracking in the basin.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Sold one of my AAPL puts which effectively paid for both and then some. Letting the other ride. I'm still struggling trying to find a good exit strategy for options. Every time I create a trailing stop, I get stopped out. Options seem to be way too volatile to do that with. A YouTuber trader I watch looks at the 9 MA on a daily chart as an indicator when to manually exit.

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold one of my AAPL puts which effectively paid for both and then some. Letting the other ride. I'm still struggling trying to find a good exit strategy for options. Every time I create a trailing stop, I get stopped out. Options seem to be way too volatile to do that with. A YouTuber trader I watch looks at the 9 MA on a daily chart as an indicator when to manually exit.
Ill be honest, i run my options on a very tight leash because of lots of factors. Spreads, distance from the money, open interest etc. Since i write puts I am always asking myself if I want the shares if market fundamentals change. I also tend to start with a base profit percentage in mind. Most times If I see a 50% profit in a short time frame i will begin contemplating an exit. That shit can disappear in a heartbeat so I am very paperhandy with my options.

I dont ever let myself become a hog with options.

• 1Like
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fidelity ATP acting weird on my laptop. I log in and instead of opening it redirects and opens a webpage to the Fidelity website. Anyone else experience this before?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't normally give investment advice, but...

1664482510659.png

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Pump, pump. It slices, it dices! Going for that drug cartel money angle.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nope. I just read the article about XoM shutting down fracking for now. Was two subcontractors. Not at the same time. All the article said was incidents, two subcontractors in the basin.

• 1Like

nu_11

Amazing what the job market is like with the borders effectively closed for 2.5 years.

uh... border is wide open

isnt the tight labor market due to boomers (the largest and most skilled demographic) retiring?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pump, pump. It slices, it dices! Going for that drug cartel money angle.

Key word there being “briefly”. If that is the measure, then pretty much every car that has the windows rolled up is “briefly” a boat!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Key word there being “briefly”. If that is the measure, then pretty much every car that has the windows rolled up is “briefly” a boat!
Yea, sure, but once every other car fills up with water and sinks to the bottom, can they drive on the BOTTOM?!? I don't think so!

Fucking hashtag Cybersubmarine

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea, sure, but once every other car fills up with water and sinks to the bottom, can they drive on the BOTTOM?!? I don't think so!

Fucking hashtag Cybersubmarine
Maybe it will have a fishing option where it sends out electricity and kills the fish all around it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users