Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like I might be selling my PYPL at a loss. I hate losing money, but these fuckers may be too dar gone for me to keep their stock around.

• 1Worf
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like I might be selling my PYPL at a loss. I hate losing money, but these fuckers may be too dar gone for me to keep their stock around.

I was going to ask WTF this even means, then I read the story and Paypal won't even say WTF it even means. It implies that they believe it is legal to steal $2500 from people for what ever reason they wish, as long as they have to "investigate" it as bad speech claims.

Regardless, will this even affect their bottom line? This money amount (probably) isn't enough to cause expensive lawsuits (bad publicity) and while it may drive away some business, a vast majority of their userbase will never even know this rule exists.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was going to ask WTF this even means, then I read the story and Paypal won't even say WTF it even means. It implies that they believe it is legal to steal $2500 from people for what ever reason they wish, as long as they have to "investigate" it as bad speech claims.

Regardless, will this even affect their bottom line? This money amount (probably) isn't enough to cause expensive lawsuits (bad publicity) and while it may drive away some business, a vast majority of their userbase will never even know this rule exists.
Probably correct. But, like DIS, they are entering a realm that I refuse to own.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
How does Tesla survive the Great Reset? The elite goal seems to be to destroy all vehicles and the entire middle class lifestyle in the West.

If you're short-term trader, okay, but long-term I don't see any future.

Vehicles in the future will still need to exist. People will still need mobility. They will just be owned by megacorps and be automated driving electric vehicles. Which TSLA is still in the primary position to be producing.

"All restaurants are Taco Bell..."
"All soda is Pepsi..."
"All cars are Uber"

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So after Elon and another PYPL founder tweeted hiw fucked up this was and people started cloaing accounts they issued a statement saying the whole misinformation fine thing went out "in error" and it was never the case.

Its funny, i was looking at my account and how much of a loss I would realize if I sell. Then when I compared it to my entire portfolio being tanked right now it doesnt feel so painful. Its like if I sell im down this much, but I am currently down THIS much overall.

• 3Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

They back-peddled pretty quick, because a lot of people complained and said this was essentially just straight up theft. The lawyers probably looked at it and said if those people are right, Paypal could face criminal lawsuits, which essentially negates any protection they have against civil ones under 230 and their binding arbitration clauses.

It was a colossally stupid move on their part. I'm surprised it made it past their lawyers in the first place. But yes, it shows their leadership are all pieces of shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
They back-peddled pretty quick, because a lot of people complained and said this was essentially just straight up theft. The lawyers probably looked at it and said if those people are right, Paypal could face criminal lawsuits, which essentially negates any protection they have against civil ones under 230 and their binding arbitration clauses.

It was a colossally stupid move on their part. I'm surprised it made it past their lawyers in the first place. But yes, it shows their leadership are all pieces of shit.
The hubris and glee with which these communists have operated is blinding.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I said the same thing about vaccine mandates. I sometimes wonder if these companies even have legal counsel, or if they don't have the budget for it cause it all went to HR.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Back when I owned my ecommerce company in early 2010s and was doing a lot of business, Paypal grabbed $30K out of my corporate Paypal account for suspicious activity and massively fucked up my cash flow for a good amount of time. After fighting with them for over half a year about it, they finally returned it. At the time, I was spending a lot of time on message boards and other sites where so many people were complaining about the same thing that it became apparent that this was another revenue stream for them. They would literally steal millions of dollars from customers at any given time, lend it out to someone else and collect interest on it for few months, then return it to customers.

I canceled my accounts afterwards and never used them again, personally nor professionally. One of the worst, scummiest companies out there IMO.

• 5Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Forgot to mention that I dumped my PYPL and realized the loss. I dislike realizing losses but I dislike the shit they did more.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
markets realizing russia aint going nowhere in ukraine, as has been apparent to anyone with half a brain since the start

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Market bouncing with volume on:

13:46 (RU) Russia Foreign Ministry Spokesperson: Russia is open for diplomacy - Source TradeTheNews.com

Why anyone trusts Russia at this point is beyond me.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

13:46 (RU) Russia Foreign Ministry Spokesperson: Russia is open for diplomacy - Source TradeTheNews.com

I’m sure it’s the truth, though the only offer they’d likely accept is capitulation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Of course they are open to diplomacy. The only other option eventually leads to nukes. Doesnt mean they are gonna accept what is offered.

• 1Like