Investing General Discussion

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I forget who pointed out this Chinese scam stock HKD. I picked up around 20 when it bottomed to 26. Here’s to hoping the China bank does shady things again so it shoots back over 2500 or 400.
That was me. I grabbed some shares as well.

• 1Worf
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally filled out my position in SPIR. Grabbed more at $1. Got my cost basis down to $2.38
Half my cash in this position is profits from my original flip when it was a SPAC.

If it grows into something I am gonna be Farmer Blazin Blazin rich. If it don't hit and heads for the pink sheets then I will keep flipping burgers at McDonalds.

• 1To the Moon!
  • 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mass Layoffs are here. Market to go up?

Economic slowdown may be one reason, making sub-par and expensive processors is the more relevant reason. AMD have really been showing Intel up for a while now. Like the good old 2000s era, Intel finally has some competition and are caught sandbagging innovation and AMD are reaping the rewards of Intel's laziness / complacency.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR - I wish they would announce some fake agreement with SPACEX so the stock would moon on the name recognition (pun intended).

1665577812004.png

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Keep waiting for some good news. Just a single good economic indicator. Seems like there hasn't been a single one in 2022.

• 1Solidarity

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Keep waiting for some good news. Just a single good economic indicator. Seems like there hasn't been a single one in 2022.

And this is why my only positions have been inverse so far this year. All year I've been listening to people say that things can't get much worse and there's going to be a rebound soon, and I should take my profits and run. But every single macro indicator has remained negative and many have gotten worse. Best thing I've done is ignore the market noise and focused on the facts.

• 1Diamond Hands

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
You've got bigger balls than me holding inverse ETFs at SPY 357! I missed some profits by leaving early but its been fun riding TQQQ up the little nonsense rallies.

Speaking of which SPY, tap tap tap, we're waiting

I have come to believe that in the short term, right now, the market response is dominated by the gamblers fallacy. Longer term trends take lots more into account of course and who knows where we're going

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mass Layoffs are here. Market to go up?

PC slowdown because people are going back to the office. PC sales were way up when millions of people needed a PC at home for work, or companies needed to deploy millions of laptops to send everyone home.

Logitech made so much fucking money off webcams and would have made even more if they could have kept them in stock.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PC slowdown because people are going back to the office. PC sales were way up when millions of people needed a PC at home for work, or companies needed to deploy millions of laptops to send everyone home.

Logitech made so much fucking money off webcams and would have made even more if they could have kept them in stock.
Not to mention simple upgrade cycles. So much covid bucks handed out, work from home, and a few other factors of the PC demand of the last 2 years. So take all of those who have upgraded recently. How many are actually clamoring to go right back out and buy ground-up PC builds again? The usual upgrade cycle for mainstream users is likely 4-5yrs (my guess) and others evern longer.

Of course we have cooling sales for the CPU / GPU market. (GPUs moreso with the crypto implosion)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Not to mention simple upgrade cycles. So much covid bucks handed out, work from home, and a few other factors of the PC demand of the last 2 years. So take all of those who have upgraded recently. How many are actually clamoring to go right back out and buy ground-up PC builds again? The usual upgrade cycle for mainstream users is likely 4-5yrs (my guess) and others evern longer.

Of course we have cooling sales for the CPU / GPU market. (GPUs moreso with the crypto implosion)
Bro I'm limping along a 1070 and will until I can't use it or it blows up.

• 2Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sold my puts last week to expire today instead of Friday because of CPI tomorrow, wasn't going to resell till tomorrow but the Vix is just too juicy right now so went ahead and resold them for Fri exp

• 2Tendies
  • 1Like
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 3 users