Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule the Stonkhouse needs a "Shonuff" reaction.

Make It So Star Trek GIF
Yeah and I should have stepped in with the constant posting of paper trades. I feel like posting BS trades should be grounds for a thread dismissal, what purpose does a person have in this thread slinging bullshit we already have a 100 threads for that.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So how do I actually short Twitter? When this deal closes the stock is instantly going <15 dollars.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Here is what we are going to do Mist Mist send me via PM or posted here your entry and exit trades this morning on SQQQ otherwise you'll earn a super special time out from thread, try to BS me and it's permanent.

So how do I actually short Twitter? When this deal closes the stock is instantly going <15 dollars.
I would think 140 IQ would cover understanding a company no longer being public after a buyout

• 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Here is what we are going to do Mist Mist send me via PM or posted here your entry and exit trades this morning on SQQQ otherwise you'll earn a super special time out from thread, try to BS me and it's permanent.
This was never even close to an official rule afaik.

Going forward if you want to make that a rule, that's fair, and I will agree to it.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah and I should have stepped in with the constant posting of paper trades. I feel like posting BS trades should be grounds for a thread dismissal, what purpose does a person have in this thread slinging bullshit we already have a 100 threads for that.

As someone who actually takes this thread seriously, I would be a proponent of that, as it would actually impact me financially.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This was never even close to an official rule afaik.

Going forward if you want to make that a rule, that's fair, and I will agree to it.
Fortunately for me I make the rules, but obviously I agree about forehand knowledge of outcomes for behavior thus the temporary timeout.

Perfectly human to maybe highlight our successes and minimize our mistakes but honesty is pretty important for this thread to be of any value from a sharing and educational perspective.

And really it was a rule, you are in a grownup section, maybe in your world lying that could cause harm to others is acceptable, it's not here.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, have a moderate understanding of html and you can just use your browsers editor to make a fake trade that there’s no way to know it’s not fake. Someone could fuck it up I guess and get caught. Really should just come down to someone’s reputation making their claims believable or not.

like 99% of my trades are “buy more S&P”. If people want to think I’m lying, have at it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I dunno, have a moderate understanding of html and you can just use your browsers editor to make a fake trade that there’s no way to know it’s not fake. Someone could fuck it up I guess and get caught. Really should just come down to someone’s reputation making their claims believable or not.

like 99% of my trades are “buy more S&P”. If people want to think I’m lying, have at it.
Dangerous for me to get into too much detail but there are ways of telling, people who are dumb enough to do this are normally not going to be knowledgeable enough to avoid outing themselves.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I actually didn't think he was lying, had a little doubt about the exit (taking profit). Now of course seems highly probable it was BS all around, outside maybe he thought about doing it this morning.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was just about to, but now since you're being a cunt, I'm not going to, because I am also a cunt and will not be out-cunted.
Don’t worry, no one here will ever think anyone has out-cunted you.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So, I’ve been thinking about doing the inverse shit during this bear show. I haven’t read much about them though. Who are they shorting, is it just a big basket of companies like a standard ETF?

I have not been actively trading this year at all really I was early in the year and just got too busy with work and life to keep up with it. I don’t check often atm but I do not like looking at my shit being down 20% on the year when I feel like I could be a little more active and not be down so much.

Is using the inverse ETFs a decent way to go when I feel like there are fake pumps going on or should I just stay sidelined and keep adding to my normal ETFs and ride out the downturn?

Feel free to tell me to research it myself, I can, I just like the expedited explanations here better than random articles.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I believe this is Incorrect. When the deal closes the stock will stop trading and the shares will be exchanged for cash. The company is being taken private. There wont be any stock as it will not be a publicly traded company any longer.

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
For the record, Blazin Blazin has my full support in this decision, and all decisions regarding moderation, PARTICULARLY to this section.

Post it or GTFO Mist.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, I’ve been thinking about doing the inverse shit during this bear show. I haven’t read much about them though. Who are they shorting, is it just a big basket of companies like a standard ETF?

I have not been actively trading this year at all really I was early in the year and just got too busy with work and life to keep up with it. I don’t check often atm but I do not like looking at my shit being down 20% on the year when I feel like I could be a little more active and not be down so much.

Is using the inverse ETFs a decent way to go when I feel like there are fake pumps going on or should I just stay sidelined and keep adding to my normal ETFs and ride out the downturn?

Feel free to tell me to research it myself, I can, I just like the expedited explanations here better than random articles.
SQQQ for instance is an 3x leveraged inverse of the QQQ. So if you are long SQQQ it "should" go up 3% for every 1% the QQQ goes down. And the opposite is true. So right now since the QQQ is up, the SQQQ is down.

1666119414926.png

1666119389628.png

1666119433232.png

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AAPL puking the market there.

14:38 [AAPL] Reportedly cuts iPhone 14 Plus production - TheInformation - Less than 2 weeks after the debut of the iPhone 14 Plus, supply chain sources say Apple is cutting production, telling at least one manufacturer in China to halt production of components while Apple reevaluates demand levels for the new product

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
SQQQ for instance is an 3x leveraged inverse of the QQQ. So if you are long SQQQ it "should" go up 3% for every 1% the QQQ goes down. And the opposite is true. So right now since the QQQ is up, the SQQQ is down.

View attachment 438733

View attachment 438732

View attachment 438734

Hateyou Hateyou keep in mind there are leveraged and non leveraged Inverse ETFs. SQQQ is leveraged, for example, while PSQ follows the inverse of the same index but is NOT leveraged.

Basically, if you think you can time the market to ride the pumps and dumps, you can make quite a bit of money with something like SQQQ. But if you fuck up, you can lose quite a bit- just like any leveraged bet.

If you want to take things slower and just ride a longer-term downturn, you can do non leveraged like PSQ. This is what I've been doing for a while. It limits my gains to 1:1, but it also limits my losses if things go the other direction. Yesterdays rally would have wrecked my shit if I was in SQQQ, but since I was in PSQ I only lost exactly what the market gained- which still keeps me comfortably in the black for the long term.

The big thing to keep in mind about inverse ETFs that track the major indices is that conventional wisdom dictates you do NOT want to stay in them long term. This is especially true for anything leveraged. The more leveraged, the quicker you want to get in and out.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Uhh who cares what trades people claim they made? Anyone following trades of some rando on a message board deserves the free lesson.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
People keep talking about some rally but...
1666120757709.png

Looks like just a retest.

I mean theres been a few bear market rallies but when you compare?

1666120905338.png

Like this seems like pure desperation for upwards price movement.