Investing General Discussion

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
most of the larger online places are SELLING silver at 29-30 per oz but are only BUYING at 23-24 per oz

the spread seems to always be 20-40% so you need a massive movement in silver to make any profit if you have bought in the last 5-10 years

if you have older silver you can make some bank though if your basis is really low in it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Maybe now is the time I finally sell all my pre-1965 quarters. Don't remember how many I have, but it was about $700 worth a few years ago.

That's how I got a lot of mine. Worked retail in high school and pocketed all the silver turned in and exchanged them, company didn't mind. Took them to the coin shop and exchanged them for silver rounds back then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
most of the larger online places are SELLING silver at 29-30 per oz but are only BUYING at 23-24 per oz

the spread seems to always be 20-40% so you need a massive movement in silver to make any profit if you have bought in the last 5-10 years

if you have older silver you can make some bank though if your basis is really low in it

Silver eagles are buying and selling for a higher amount over spot than they have in my lifetime compared to other types.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Banking crisis over, right?

Morgan Stanley downgrades Schwab (SCHW) yesterday and mentions its vulnerable to bank runs, forced to sell securities at a loss.

Chart looks like a red waterfall the last 2 days.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL, CRM, META and MSFT all hitting 26-week highs this morning. Big Tech finally reasserting itself?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Banking crisis over, right?

Morgan Stanley downgrades Schwab (SCHW) yesterday and mentions its vulnerable to bank runs, forced to sell securities at a loss.

Chart looks like a red waterfall the last 2 days.
Yeah I have been watching Schwab. Its not small and its got $7T in AUM (+/-)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As well as nvda.

Also fucking schwab.
Forgot the Chipmaster. Only like 3% from setting a new high.

edit: Forgot to add, NVDA was $275 (current price) on 1/3/2022. If you didnt panic sell in those summer months of 2022 and held tight, you rode out the storm and came out on the other side today. Quality stocks you just have to strap in for the long ride. Bonus points if you were adding the NVDA down around $130 or less.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Buy and hold is your friend.

3-year performance chart. From the Covid low to today. +46% up from the bottom.

1680281047873.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users