Investing General Discussion

Zzen

Potato del Grande
When these 0DTE degens finally get wrecked, it sure should make for some interesting viewing 👀

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Btw, not sure where else to put this but AMEX is offering a 3.75% interest rate on their high-yield savings account. Not a CD but a regular bank savings account.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Btw, not sure where else to put this but AMEX is offering a 3.75% interest rate on their high-yield savings account. Not a CD but a regular bank savings account.
SoFi is 4% for a regular savings account. Upgrade is 4.38%.

Citibank Accelerate Savings is 3.85%, which is also basically just a normal savings account.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm not Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes old, so I don't remember super high rates, but I do remember 20 years ago when you could get 5-6% all over the place.
I got kicked out at 18 and was just struggling to make it through paychecks without getting a charge. 20 years ago is when I got my job, but it took me a couple years to stabilize and buy a house. I got 5ish% interest rate for a mortgage with no down payment or credit history in 2005, lol. I can’t imagine the look a bank would give someone trying to do that today.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SoFi is 4% for a regular savings account. Upgrade is 4.38%.

Citibank Accelerate Savings is 3.85%, which is also basically just a normal savings account.
One thing to watch is banks like C and JPM are tending to only offer those good rates in areas where they want to grow their footprint. Good luck getting shit for rates in NYC/Long Island with those banks. I choose Amex because I generally trust them to stay in business the next few years. SoFi is a bit suspect for that extra 0.25%. Besides since Amex already had my info opening the account was less than 30 seconds.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I choose Amex because I generally trust them to stay in business the next few years. SoFi is a bit suspect for that extra 0.25%.
Yeah but if you're not putting in over 250k why does it matter if they're suspect or not? There's been 75 bank failures in the past 10 years, all depositors have always gotten their money one way or another, and people under 250k are always getting theirs no matter what.

SoFi also behind the scenes turns your savings account into 4 savings accounts if you have up to a million dollars on deposit, so you'll have 4x FDIC insurance.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah but if you're not putting in over 250k why does it matter if they're suspect or not? There's been 75 bank failures in the past 10 years, all depositors have always gotten their money one way or another, and people under 250k are always getting theirs no matter what.

SoFi also behind the scenes turns your savings account into 4 savings accounts if you have up to a million dollars on deposit, so you'll have 4x FDIC insurance.
I'm a boomer. We do boomer things.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, Fed / FDIC want to keep stating "banking crisis over, move along" .. then you have stocks like SCHW that are still very broken. It's either the discount of the decade, or someone knows something we don't.

View attachment 467351
How long until we hit the deadline for Congress to disclose their trades?
See what big Nancy be doing and you will find the truth IMO

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How long until we hit the deadline for Congress to disclose their trades?
See what big Nancy be doing and you will find the truth IMO
2023-04-06 04.13.07 www.quiverquant.com ea6f13340b0a.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apparently, and quite surprisingly, our government has been lying to us about our economic data...

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, yeah? No shit?

We've been pointing out in this thread every time they get revised down.

It's all fake.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote the SPY puts expiring Monday. 35 cent premium on the $398 strike. Since market is closed tomorrow its a 2-day carry to expiry. Got a couple levels of support to break through before it gets there (the 50-DMA and the psychological level at $400).

1680788353212.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote the SPY puts expiring Monday. 35 cent premium on the $398 strike. Since market is closed tomorrow its a 2-day carry to expiry. Got a couple levels of support to break through before it gets there (the 50-DMA and the psychological level at $400).
Closed out at 16 cents on that price spike upwards. I am eyeing reentry at the $405 strike if we see another dip lower today.