Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Analysis of the day.

So I did a little looking at the two behemoths AMZN and WMT. I was surprised by how similar their financials were. Value in billions of dollars.
EBITDA (in B$)DEBT (in B$)Free Cashflow (in B$)LTD:EBITDA
WMT$32.46$64.19$14.551.98
AMZN$30.46$63.21$21.652.08

Comparing the cashflows, consider Walmart paid 11.8 billion in dividends and stock repurchases while AMZN did none of either. Revenue per employee also surprised me considering the automation AMZN has. 223k revenue/employee for WMT and 659K per employee for AMZN.

This just sort of reinforced my idea that WMT can stand toe-to-toe with AMZN for the long war. It also make me wonder about the market cap discrepancy. Looking at the actuals, should AMZN be valued as a company 5x as much as WMT? Not saying AMZN is necessarily overvalued, but that WMT might be seriously undervalued.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
At what point does Biden winning get included in stock value?

Along because all the "polls" etc

If it's already baked in...

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Analysis of the day.

So I did a little looking at the two behemoths AMZN and WMT. I was surprised by how similar their financials were. Value in billions of dollars.
EBITDA (in B$)DEBT (in B$)Free Cashflow (in B$)LTD:EBITDA
WMT$32.46$64.19$14.551.98
AMZN$30.46$63.21$21.652.08

Comparing the cashflows, consider Walmart paid 11.8 billion in dividends and stock repurchases while AMZN did none of either. Revenue per employee also surprised me considering the automation AMZN has. 223k revenue/employee for WMT and 659K per employee for AMZN.

This just sort of reinforced my idea that WMT can stand toe-to-toe with AMZN for the long war. It also make me wonder about the market cap discrepancy. Looking at the actuals, should AMZN be valued as a company 5x as much as WMT? Not saying AMZN is necessarily overvalued, but that WMT might be seriously undervalued.

WMT was slow to move to online and free shipping.

But they do already have massive warehouses everywhere in the form of the stores.

I'd like to think they could compete, but it seems like a generational thing. Maybe if they got some 30 year old rock star type CEO?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Trump has been swinging up in the polls, and is now close to his highs in some of the more reliable ones. I think stocks are being mildly optimistic that Trump will win, and we'll probably see some pops on the debates if there are any, since there's no way Biden could look good against trump with his current condition of being unable to form complete sentences.

Could be an ugly finish to the year if biden wins, though. Commies getting free run of things is never good for money.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WMT was slow to move to online and free shipping.

But they do already have massive warehouses everywhere in the form of the stores.

I'd like to think they could compete, but it seems like a generational thing. Maybe if they got some 30 year old rock star type CEO?
I was speaking strictly from the financials. If you didnt see the two company names on those financials and I said one was valued at 5x the other my thought is it would raise an eyebrow.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Nearing 200% on my silver purchases...

Tempted to sell...

When do I become a hog? Lol

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I was speaking strictly from the financials. If you didnt see the two company names on those financials and I said one was valued at 5x the other my thought is it would raise an eyebrow.

Certainly.

If I had free cash in my play account I would pick some up

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My covered calls on DAL popped this morning. $30 strike expiring at the end of the week. So far I am 5-0 selling them. Lets see if my streak holds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
JPM assaults the resistance at 100$ again and actually breaks through. Now lets see if it can hold it this time.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Can you actually use trailing stop loss orders on commodities like silver? Or are you buying in an ETF like IAU which would allow it?

Yes. SLV.

2vdcsm.jpg

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Funny how as soon as AMZN hit the support level at $3104 the Nasdaq/SP500 bounced back up. Amazing how that works. I have a limit order in to buy AMZN at $3100 and missed by $1.52

Everyone holding DAL can thank me. As soon as I sold my calls the stock goes parabolic. You're welcome.

FVAC (US rare earth mining SPAC) up almost 7% this morning on no real news. Maybe the Robinhood traders are going on margin spending that unemployment money Trump signed off on yesterday.

• 1Trump

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Funny how as soon as AMZN hit the support level at $3104 the Nasdaq/SP500 bounced back up. Amazing how that works. I have a limit order in to buy AMZN at $3100 and missed by $1.52

Everyone holding DAL can thank me. As soon as I sold my calls the stock goes parabolic. You're welcome.

FVAC (US rare earth mining SPAC) up almost 7% this morning on no real news. Maybe the Robinhood traders are going on margin spending that unemployment money Trump signed off on yesterday.

All the airline and cruise stocks doing real good today, don't know why.

Lynus , the australian rare earth that has a govt. contract to open up a plant in Texas also up 4 percent or so today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the airline and cruise stocks doing real good today, don't know why.

Lynus , the australian rare earth that has a govt. contract to open up a plant in Texas also up 4 percent or so today.
There is a part of me that hopes I get exercised. I have made some profit selling calls and I am tired of seeing this dog sitting in my portfolio colored red. It stands as a monument to me buying in way too early before we knew the true damage of Coronachan.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So you are not physically holding? I thought the whole point was having something "real".

I have both.

Bought physical late last fall until right before WuFlu when inventory hit zero.

At that point I started buying SLV.

Prolly won't ever sell the physical. The SLV is the "investment" portion.