Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Consider the volume of high frequency trading that is also driven. It uses technicals plus good knows what else. Using these basic tools give you an idea of where the volume trading is going to find support and resistance and trading off it.

To me using it is like using Bigwigs or whatever that other big raid add-on was in WOW. You dont "have" to use it, but it sure does making it easier knowing when the phases start/end and where the green shit on the ground is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think regression to the mean should always be considered as well so bollinger bands are necessary.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Consider the volume of high frequency trading that is also driven. It uses technicals plus good knows what else. Using these basic tools give you an idea of where the volume trading is going to find support and resistance and trading off it.

To me using it is like using Bigwigs or whatever that other big raid add-on was in WOW. You dont "have" to use it, but it sure does making it easier knowing when the phases start/end and where the green shit on the ground is.

We're saying the same thing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well WSB does consider technical analysis astrology....

There is a significant grain of truth in that. Because none of that shit actually matters if you're talking about the market equivalent of a flash mob. Technical analysis matters to value investment and stuff sure. But that is not what WSB is doing. Market pressure is all that matters.

If you read that book Flash Boys it summarizes the emergence of high frequency trading as a mainstream concept. What is even more terrifying is that the guys in that book were almost a decade late to the party. There were high frequency traders running supercomputers out of a few apartments in Manhattan and the Burroughs as early as the mid 90s. It was pretty interesting the author meeting some of these guys. Mostly soviet mathematician genius expats and other shady folks. The first rule was, "do not talk about it."

Those types probably made an astronomical amount of money doing it because they were just abusing technological advancement ahead of the curve. Nobody even knew what was going on until the late 00s. By then Chase, JPM and the like all had their own secret squirrel HFT departments behind 6 layers of security doors in a vault (not kidding there, one of the Chase guys said that they had way more advanced security around HFT at Chase than he did at his Top Secret job for the DoD).

Who fuking knows what the cutting edge is today.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
edit: notice today that DAL paused below the resistance level at $29.68. Tomorrow is going to be interesting to see if it can break out or not. IF it does I am probably losing my stock on Friday.

Fucking hell.. DAL continues to rip upwards. $30.75 premarket.

I could have had serious gains had I not sold a week ago.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Fucking hell.. DAL continues to rip upwards. $30.75 premarket.

I could have had serious gains had I not sold a week ago.
I think it began moving yesterday on unreported info of a Russia vaccine. Those rumors are pushing transports/healthcare higher. It could be vaporware and this rally could fade in an instant. I mean Russia develops the vaccine? It could be election meddling, it could be Putin being a dick, or they might actually have stolen some decent research. Who knows. I have to see how the options open for DAL to see if I can roll out at a reasonable price otherwise I am sunk come expiration on Friday.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
If, and it is a big if, there is any substance to the Russia vaccine, be prepared for a sweeping rotation of money out of tech/gold/silver and into areas like industrials/transports and retail. Be careful about buying into dips on high priced big tech.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They just straight up said fuck it and skipped phase 3. If you go by that standard, there are a lot of vaccines ready for widespread use.

Pretty much everyone expects corners to be cut. So rather than Russia being the only one with a perfectly safe vaccine already, we might see a drastic acceleration in other studies in the promotion to 'safeness' in response to russia. To be specific, this drug has only been tested on 76 people so far. That doesn't even sound like a phase 2 trial has been done, lol.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Dont keep us in suspense. Did you set up the stops to cover you before this morning? SLV down over 6% so far this morning.

Lol fuck no

Not sure it would have helped a lot, looks like it was a straight drop. All alternate forms of money dropped like a rock this morning.

Tbh I feel like it's a decent spot to stay in until Trump wins.

Thought about selling half yesterday, but the greed got me. Still up like 90% so it hurts but it's not bad really

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Putin already gave the vaccine to his daughter. What a badass MFer. Gives no fucks.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

Ok finally got things opened at the computer (I do 99% of my shit on my phone).

I started to set up the trailing stop yesterday, but when I put in 25$ it was showing proceeds of . . . not a lot. Lol

So I got scared I was doing something wrong and did not realize the difference between a trailing stop and a stop on quote.

Trailing stops, holy fuck man thats a nice thing. Set it up for $1.00 until 12/31/20.

Thanks dude, goddamn I dont know what I'm doing. Lol

Edit: Wish it would show the trailing stop amt in the open orders, but instead it shows the value it will sell at. Close enough I guess, just would be cleaner to have that right there.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

Ok finally got things opened at the computer (I do 99% of my shit on my phone).

I started to set up the trailing stop yesterday, but when I put in 25$ it was showing proceeds of . . . not a lot. Lol

So I got scared I was doing something wrong and did not realize the difference between a trailing stop and a stop on quote.

Trailing stops, holy fuck man thats a nice thing. Set it up for $1.00 until 12/31/20.

Thanks dude, goddamn I dont know what I'm doing. Lol

Edit: Wish it would show the trailing stop amt in the open orders, but instead it shows the value it will sell at. Close enough I guess, just would be cleaner to have that right there.
On the website you can hit the "exit plan" button to bring up an interactive window to help you.

ps.. trailing stops are glorious. just be mindful that some stocks have high volatility and will bounce a lot. Too tight of a leash will get you stopped out on an interday dip. Algos love pulling that shit.