Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
GHIV looks to have found a merger

Only thing I found on them was some lawsuit when they changed rules on quick turn around refi's, so who knows, but doesn't seem that big

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GHIV looks to have found a merger

Only thing I found on them was some lawsuit when they changed rules on quick turn around refi's, so who knows, but doesn't seem that big

A mortgage company going public via SPAC reeks of Founders looking for any merger to get a payday. Eww.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
yeah its been a mostly shitty week. Here's to hoping to a ripping Christmas rally next week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
TSLA just went ludicrous mode. Sold off to $630 (695 high). Then in one 1min candle on the chart leaped $30 per share. Afterhours hit and first 1min candle hit $695 again. Unvelievable.
Today was the reconstitution of the indexes. All the money managers/funds buying market on close.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Clean energy stocks have had a great year. I personally hate green energy, but you know what they say about emotions and investing. The question is will they get similar results in 2021? The article mentions congress extending tax breaks/credits soon which could give them another push. Thoughts? I'll probably open a small position in each

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rumor about a merger with another Bill Foley spac WPF and Alight which is a cloud based admin for benefits etc. Can't seem to find much else about them. I've already made money on the first Foley spac BFT which is in the process of completing its merger, so might be worth a look.

The basic strat is you can make money on nearly any SPAC by getting in under $11 and dumping above $13 - $14 when it does its announcement spike.
Depending on the merger target it will plummet and then there is a second run you can play up to the vote If you want. Anything past the first run you want to have really done your due diligence on the founders. Playing it beyond the vote should be reserved for companies and founders you believe in.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The basic strat is you can make money on nearly any SPAC by getting in under $11 and dumping above $13 - $14 when it does its announcement spike.
Depending on the merger target it will plummet and then there is a second run you can play up to the vote If you want. Anything past the first run you want to have really done your due diligence on the founders. Playing it beyond the vote should be reserved for companies and founders you believe in.

Which makes me think the jig will be up soon on this game. The market does not like a sure thing.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So the market didn't like the stimulus or the UK travel ban. Thank god I only have 1 put open, perfect timing for once.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
HCAC merger vote is today. I’m a little iffy on this. I’ve got a few thousand dollars in shares and I’ve made a little thus far, and companies are praising Canoo, but the price has been stagnating pretty heavy and hype wasn’t that great after their vehicle unveil. I’m kinda on the verge of selling at market open and taking what I’ve got.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
HCAC merger vote is today. I’m a little iffy on this. I’ve got a few thousand dollars in shares and I’ve made a little thus far, and companies are praising Canoo, but the price has been stagnating pretty heavy and hype wasn’t that great after their vehicle unveil. I’m kinda on the verge of selling at market open and taking what I’ve got.
Not every deal is a homerun. Remember the lifetime annual return of the S&P 500 is about 9.75% with dividends reinvested. Sometimes you just pull your chips and walk away with 10-20% and be happy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So the market didn't like the stimulus or the UK travel ban. Thank god I only have 1 put open, perfect timing for once.
I think the market had priced in a lame duck, GOP give up the bank stimulus deal. I also think the market isnt happy they didnt push for the corona liability protection.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Not every deal is a homerun. Remember the lifetime annual return of the S&P 500 is about 9.75% with dividends reinvested. Sometimes you just pull your chips and walk away with 10-20% and be happy.

Well turns out it’s shooting up, so I got over excited. Didn’t sell yet but monitoring closely.

Not that I stand to make any gigantic amount.

edit: sold just over $20, merger approved. Didn’t want to hold any longer.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For anyone looking for Boomer stocks, LMT is on sale today. I will be adding if it touches $345. It doesn't have great growth potential but it makes a ton of cash, and sells shit to various governments including ours. $9b in EBITDA, $5b in free cash flows and about a 3% dividend yield.

• 1Like