Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of options fuckery, we havent mentioned PLTR yet. +5% on the day.

I might get back in on options next week or the following. It seems to be stabilizing in the 25-28 range, and SNAPs premiums are getting low enough that I need to look for an alternative. PINS and AMD still paying off good

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I might get back in on options next week or the following. It seems to be stabilizing in the 25-28 range, and SNAPs premiums are getting low enough that I need to look for an alternative. PINS and AMD still paying off good
At this point Im waiting for quad witching to get over before I start looking.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TRIT seems to be holding the low 9's in the aftrr market. Hopefully we have seen seller exhaustion.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
PLUG did great today. Only 50 shares but I might take profits tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm less bothered selling LAZR for 20 when it's at $25 than when it was $43.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got stopped out of BTWN. Ended up about 18%. Will look to get back in if it falls back down around $11 or less.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno wtf is up with fidelty customer service line, I could not get through to them yesterday or today, endless wait. My question is, will fidelity automatically execute my puts if they are in the money at market close today or is there something I need to do before hand?

Lazr still hovering between 25 and 27, I got to decide soon to cut bait and take some loss or let it ride to market close.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dunno wtf is up with fidelty customer service line, I could not get through to them yesterday or today, endless wait. My question is, will fidelity automatically execute my puts if they are in the money at market close today or is there something I need to do before hand?

Lazr still hovering between 25 and 27, I got to decide soon to cut bait and take some loss or let it ride to market close.
if an option is even 1 penny in the money they will execute it. Start at pages 10.

You should be receiving emails daily on options expiry.

If I recall there is a button or email you should have gotten that says I dont want to be assigned. It has to be done ahead of time.

edit: also this..

Assignment​

If you sell an option, you have an obligation to sell stock if you are short a call, and an obligation to buy stock if you are short a put. The owner of call or put options has the right to assign the contract to the seller. This is known as assignment.

Assignment occurs when the buyer exercises an options contract on or before expiration, and the seller must fulfill the obligation by either buying or selling the underlying security at the exercise price. As a seller of options, you can be assigned at any time prior to expiration regardless of the underlying share price—meaning you might have to receive or deliver shares of the underlying stock.

Depending on your position, settlement can occur in a variety of ways. If you are assigned on a covered call, for example, the shares you own will be sold automatically.

Let the options expire​

Remember, options have an expiration date. They either have intrinsic value (for calls, the stock is above the strike price, and for puts, the stock is below the strike price) or they will expire worthless. If the options have intrinsic value, you should plan to exercise at or before expiration, or anticipate having it automatically exercised at expiration if in the money. If they do not have intrinsic value, you can simply let your options expire. Of course, letting options expire can also have tax consequences.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Ok thanks , I suspected that. Well I got things to do the rest of the afternoon so I closed out the lazr put contracts. I bought at 4.45 or so and sold at 3.8 so I took some loss, but not a terrible amount. Between the PLTR calls last month and the LAZR puts this month my first foray into the world of options have me slightly ahead. I feel lucky at that.

Its been very educational, if nothing else.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm going to hold my BTWN, still too close to the high that I think it can still go up more. Bought out my VLDR Jan 18 puts already, sold them for 1.40 and bought them out for .40, about a 6% return for a week.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm going to hold my BTWN, still too close to the high that I think it can still go up more. Bought out my VLDR Jan 18 puts already, sold them for 1.40 and bought them out for .40, about a 6% return for a week.
I closed out my TRIT puts expiring today, ate about $1.25. The BTWN profits cover it and a little bit more. And my LAZR will assign tonight so thats a 100% profit in the bank.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm so glad this week is over. The amount of wtf news popping out of nowhere that is bad for me is insane. Of course a couple of days after I sell nice safe INTC puts...

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm so glad this week is over. The amount of wtf news popping out of nowhere that is bad for me is insane. Of course a couple of days after I sell nice safe INTC puts...

Guess that explains AMDs sharp dip.

But how? Do they finally have enough money in their piggy bank to just throw billions and billions at ARM to get a worthwhile chip? Also what about all their software? Apple has been with ARM for what two decades now? And even then their serious computers dont use ARM, they use Intel.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSLA just went ludicrous mode. Sold off to $630 (695 high). Then in one 1min candle on the chart leaped $30 per share. Afterhours hit and first 1min candle hit $695 again. Unvelievable.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guess that explains AMDs sharp dip.

But how? Do they finally have enough money in their piggy bank to just throw billions and billions at ARM to get a worthwhile chip?
Yes. Yes they do.

1608325711140.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA just went ludicrous mode. Sold off to $630 (695 high). Then in one 1min candle on the chart leaped $30 per share. Afterhours hit and first 1min candle hit $695 again. Unvelievable.
The S&P 500 is never going to be the same. The volatility it brings coupled with its sheer size and influence in the index is going to be hard to calculate.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Tesla has the valuation of a company selling 30 million cars a year.

• 1Worf