Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Think the tidal wave of selling is over. Volume is starting to pull back. ps.. When it the last time you saw +1000% average trading volume?

1608219021186.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
30 strike and the primuim was around 5
So there is nearly no time premium left, but what is left is getting influenced by the IV. You need to find the exact premium because it matters. So at the point in time below you could buy to close your puts for $5.20. The stock was trading at $25.07 so the difference was about 13 cents a share on a $5 premium. This is why the exact premium matters in the calculation. The stock is just about $5 below the strike and its trading for that difference modified by the marginal time value left in it. The trick with setting a limit on this is that the bid/ask is going to shift with the stock price. Calculate exactly what your premium was and put that into the calculation to know where your break even is.

1608220509350.png

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So there is nearly no time premium left, but what is left is getting influenced by the IV. You need to find the exact premium because it matters. So at the point in time below you could buy to close your puts for $5.20. The stock was trading at $25.07 so the difference was about 13 cents a share on a $5 premium. This is why the exact premium matters in the calculation. The stock is just about $5 below the strike and its trading for that difference modified by the marginal time value left in it. The trick with setting a limit on this is that the bid/ask is going to shift with the stock price. Calculate exactly what your premium was and put that into the calculation to know where your break even is.

View attachment 324040
I looked , I got those contracts at 4.45 a share so they are currently “in the money” but not by much. So now it’s a gamble? To sell soon or keep for real profit. Sigh

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just bought TRIT @ 7.95. am i doing this right?
Answer - If it goes up, yes. If it goes down, no.

Somebody is buying a ton of warrants. Over 1.5 million traded so far this morning. These are the 25k+ transactions

1608222672795.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I looked , I got those contracts at 4.45 a share so they are currently “in the money” but not by much. So now it’s a gamble? To sell soon or keep for real profit. Sigh
You shouldn't be thinking about investing as gambling. Decisions should be made on facts and figures.

The questions you need to ask have nothing to do with gambling.
They are...
Do you want to be assigned those shares?
Does your analysis say the stock is going to go up, down or sideways. This question should answer the one above it.

In essence, if assigned, you are getting the stock at $30 less $4.45 so $25.55. If the stock goes up from here you are making money. If it goes down you are losing money. At this second its at $25.40 so you are losing 15 cents a share plus commission.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Crushed my goal for 2021 and have 6k ready to blast into my roth on jan 1st on top of that. Feels good for now, and the fed is still talking about QE? We're definitely in Bizarro world financial times.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
TRIT slowly climbed back up to 9$, Jan 15 10$ puts are selling for 2.10 a share

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well Like I said I was bitter over LAZR shooting past my 30 sell point and leaving me behind, so decided to wish them ill with put power. :p I just need shitron to launch one more attack between now and tomorrow 4pm..
At least you are close to profitability, unlike me and TRIT at the moment.