Investing General Discussion

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My platform blocked trading of GME, so I cancelled the pending buy order and bought from the German exchange - GS2C.

Presumably, once the German exchange closes the stock will move aftermarket based on what happens in US trading?

Does holding the German stock have any ramifications when the stock gets squeezed Friday or next week?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
tenor (14).gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That illusion of free market didn't last much longer than free and fair elections

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
1000$ isn't a meme. Friday is going to be an entire chapter in econ books for the next generations lol.

The amount of hubris these fundies have doubling/tripling their short positions in the face of this is amazing to me.

Like they actually can't even comprehend that this could be possible and are just trying to brute force things back to the way they are "supposed" to be and have every talking head they own writing blog posts about "market instability" and the "dangers" of retail investing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So much dumb in here I can't even. Nobody is sticking it to wall street, billions from retail is going to poof. You're caught in a mania if you made money get out and keep your awesome gains and fun of being involved and stay the fuck away. This will go tits up and you are screwing each other not some fat cat on wall street.

If you can't tell already when it does crash you won't have a chance to sell you'll be locked out watching it plummet. Because we are connected to the ground swell of this movement by online demographic many where able to profit from the initial surge, and it may still not be over but it will end and it will end soon. If you feel like you missed out, that is just greed, you have also missed out on every Powerball jackpot for the last 30 yrs. Want to throw some small sum at it to be entertained then have at it, but nothing that you aren't legitimately willing to lose.

This is not new, not a single bit of this is new, this shit has happened over and over. Acting like millennials thinking you invented a thing. People are taking their frustration with the system and now redirecting it. I know nobody wants to hear it, and I begrudgingly say it but I can't say nothing and watch people lose money they have worked hard for. You are big boys and responsible for yourselves, but please for those wadding into uncharted waters I promise you there are sharks lurking, don't get eaten.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I am not even touching GME, but I do enjoy the luls.

Same. Lot of people are getting a lesson on the market that they probably never looked into at all. I've learned a few things as well.

I do think before it's over the market is going to change the rules to cover themself but nobody else.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So much dumb in here I can't even. Nobody is sticking it to wall street, billions from retail is going to poof. You're caught in a mania if you made money get out and keep your awesome gains and fun of being involved and stay the fuck away. This will go tits up and you are screwing each other not some fat cat on wall street.

If you can't tell already when it does crash you won't have a chance to sell you'll be locked out watching it plummet. Because we are connected to the ground swell of this movement by online demographic many where able to profit from the initial surge, and it may still not be over but it will end and it will end soon. If you feel like you missed out, that is just greed, you have also missed out on every Powerball jackpot for the last 30 yrs. Want to throw some small sum at it to be entertained then have at it, but nothing that you aren't legitimately willing to lose.

This is not new, not a single bit of this is new, this shit has happened over and over. Acting like millennials thinking you invented a thing. People are taking their frustration with the system and now redirecting it. I know nobody wants to hear it, and I begrudgingly say it but I can't say nothing and watch people lose money they have worked hard for. You are big boys and responsible for yourselves, but please for those wadding into uncharted waters I promise you there are sharks lurking, don't get eaten.
So you're saying people can lose money investing in stonks?

I would agree on not buying in now, but sticking it to the hedge funds when you can is worth it as well. Let them blow all their money then sell off and do it again if you see them playing fuck fuck games with other companies.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

Roger that Captain. Just placed a limit sell order (pre-market only) for 2/3 of the AMC I bought yesterday that will exactly return my initial investment. The other 1/3 will let it ride for funsies (and maybe a new shotgun).

But you do have to admit that this is a new thing in regards to the plebs having this much power to manipulate the market, even if a lot of us will be left holding the bag at the end.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Retail *usually* doesn't have anywhere near this kind of power.

The short position against gamestop was so retarded it borders on being illegal, that's the only reason this is actually working (at least so far)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Retail *usually* doesn't have anywhere near this kind of power.

The short position against gamestop was so retarded it borders on being illegal, that's the only reason this is actually working (at least so far)

Yes that is likely what will come out of this, and that's a good thing. Shorts should be limited to 50% of the float we need better disclosure in regards to short positions, and I'm as happy as everyone else that retail is the one that brought this to the forefront and profited from it.

The downside is that the pump and dump which had lost appeal to the financial criminals because the poors where no longer taking the bait. Well now the waters have been fully chummed and countless people are now going to be scammed because of this.

High net worth financial traders adapt very quickly and those adaptations have already started to happen to this situation. The people fighting the rich seem oblivious that they are being cheered on by billionaires. The irony of it is beyond the pale.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Obviously the play was to get in early and take profits along the way. Some won't. Some will.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
No, shorts shouldn't be limited. Jfc

They should be allowed to run amok, then proper fucked when caught.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Yes that is likely what will come out of this, and that's a good thing. Shorts should be limited to 50% of the float we need better disclosure in regards to short positions, and I'm as happy as everyone else that retail is the one that brought this to the forefront and profited from it.

The downside is that the pump and dump which had lost appeal to the financial criminals because the poors where no longer taking the bait. Well now the waters have been fully chummed and countless people are now going to be scammed because of this.

High net worth financial traders adapt very quickly and those adaptations have already started to happen to this situation. The people fighting the rich seem oblivious that they are being cheered on by billionaires. The irony of it is beyond the pale.
Fortunes will be made on the line "this is the next gamestop, don't you want your tendies?"

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
The only lesson learned here is reiterating the billionaires make the rules and only we have to follow them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user