Investing General Discussion

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Once everyone has moved to Fidelity and this happens again I'm sure they will be happy to take their turn and spring the trap on all the plebs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Once everyone has moved to Fidelity and this happens again I'm sure they will be happy to take their turn and spring the trap on all the plebs.
I am not shilling for Fidelity, but I am saying I have had no issues trading AMC on it.

1611880216006.png

• 3Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Have been using Fidelity one way or another for a decade but maybe a good time to buy some of their stock too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So the same companies that shorted to begin with did more shorting right as the broker shut down the ability to buy stocks and only sell and those people were only selling or unloading their stocks and made more money on a short. Seems fair.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With that kind of paper trail it's not only collusion but out right manipulation. They're either stupid or truly don't give a fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My thinking is, the SEC fines are probably far less cost vs than the manipulative gains / short losses they were facing. It becomes a no-brainer.

Eat the (relatively) tiny fine, SEC gets to claim justice served, they all laugh their way back to their mansions while joe retail investor was fucked.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah a video I watched earlier. If the parking meter out in front of your house was $25, and the ticket for not paying was $0.25 then you're going to break the law.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AMC should give you a share of stock with each purchase of a movie ticket.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got this email from TD Ameritrade:

Securities with trading restrictions

We have placed some restrictions on the following securities. These restrictions will not prevent clients from making basic buy and sell transactions. This list is as of January 28, 2021, 4:00PM ET.

AMC, CVM, EXPR, FOSL, GME, NOK, BB, BBBY, FIZZ, GSX, IRBT, NCMI, TR, UONE, VIR, NAK, NAKD, DDS, KOSS

The following restrictions are in place:

Stocks - 100% holding requirement (not marginable)
Long calls and puts are allowed
Covered call and short put orders may only be placed with a broker. Please be aware that wait times to speak with a broker may be longer than normal due to current market conditions.
Covered calls only allowed if your account currently has the shares
Short puts only if you have the maintenance/cash to cover the entire exercise amount of the short puts
All other complex options orders will not be accepted
We may also implement additional restrictions on the opening of option trades that expire Friday, January 29th

Please keep in mind that this list is not inclusive of every security restriction and may change at any time.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just got this email from TD Ameritrade:

Securities with trading restrictions

We have placed some restrictions on the following securities. These restrictions will not prevent clients from making basic buy and sell transactions. This list is as of January 28, 2021, 4:00PM ET.

AMC, CVM, EXPR, FOSL, GME, NOK, BB, BBBY, FIZZ, GSX, IRBT, NCMI, TR, UONE, VIR, NAK, NAKD, DDS, KOSS

The following restrictions are in place:

Stocks - 100% holding requirement (not marginable)
Long calls and puts are allowed
Covered call and short put orders may only be placed with a broker. Please be aware that wait times to speak with a broker may be longer than normal due to current market conditions.
Covered calls only allowed if your account currently has the shares
Short puts only if you have the maintenance/cash to cover the entire exercise amount of the short puts
All other complex options orders will not be accepted
We may also implement additional restrictions on the opening of option trades that expire Friday, January 29th

Please keep in mind that this list is not inclusive of every security restriction and may change at any time.

That line right there. Why would anyone begin/continue trading with them when they flat out declare 'we make up the rules as we go along, good luck!'

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users