Investing General Discussion

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm already up $40... My only fear is another Robinhood fuck you and I lose again.
Mine too- but like I said earlier, they don't really have a conflict of interest with this crypto like they did with the other stuff. Who knows if that means anything though..

I had no idea that Elon musk was pushing dogecoin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I kind of wondered on Wed. when all the videos were out about the shorts borrowing the stocks from investors where that stock was coming from and who was getting stuck in the middle if things went sideways as they obviously did. Getting paid 25% interest is nothing compared to all the sudden having to come up with some shares out of the blue or telling your customers "oh you know those shares you bought through us well.."

To short stocks much an hedge fund or whoever has to prove they have the ability to cover it to their broker. Broker or clearinghouse doesn't have to prove the have the ability to stay liquid in either direction apparently. It's just assumed.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Dogecoin meeting a lot of resistance at $0.08. Maybe it'll skyrocket to $0.25. Maybe it'll go to the moon at $1.00. Maybe I'll lose all my money.

Since I just doubled my BTC (not intentional) investment and got out, I feel like now is the time to play fast and loose.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dogecoin meeting a lot of resistance at $0.08. Maybe it'll skyrocket to $0.25. Maybe it'll go to the moon at $1.00. Maybe I'll lose all my money.

Since I just doubled my BTC (not intentional) investment and got out, I feel like now is the time to play fast and loose.
I've noticed the .08 wall too. Not sure why it's hitting that number, bouncing off, and rebounding back again.

People are saying once this hits the Asia/India market as the wake up it's going to explode. But who knows. I'm on the train until at least a dollar per coin.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Noted, put insane high sell order and adjust it as needed will keep a broker from lending it out to shorters through a clearinghouse.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The problem is it just sits there spinning until about the 20th click because they're slammed. By the time I get through the end of 20 questions, it apparently forgets everything I input.

So I literally cannot trade, and my money is locked up in their platform.

Did you ever get your money back?

I'm still pissed that I have $400 locked up in Robinhood from when I signed up for it and then decided to go with Stash instead. I still haven't fixed that issue, and they don't have a customer support phone number of any kind to call and cancel anything.

Edit: Eh, I ended up just caving in and buying some stocks on Robinhood rather than going through the trouble of checking it for the next week waiting for it to give me the option to withdraw my $400. Did $300 on Tesla and $100 on WWE, two things I kinda wanted but not enough to get during my first spree of stocks yesterday. Now I'm spread across three different investing platforms (Coinbase, Stash, Robinhood) but as I understand it that isn't too uncommon.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
1611898817137.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1611898963634.png

My buddy bought into GME at 4400$ in December. His wife is trippin' that he won't sell.

DIAMOND HANDED AUTISM FTW.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I put $1000 for funsies into doge a few hours back and I’m up 800.

At one point not long ago I had 770,000 doge. That would have been something today.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I put $1000 for funsies into doge a few hours back and I’m up 800.

At one point not long ago I had 770,000 doge. That would have been something today.

I threw a couple bucks in it incase the media latches onto it and the masses go full retard

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I got $100 in Doge incase MSM grab ahold of it and the other meme stocks get hard blocked on buy again, though I expect it to tank when the premarkets open and attention goes back to the "normal" stocks.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I got $100 in Doge incase MSM grab ahold of it and the other meme stocks get hard blocked on buy again, though I expect it to tank when the premarkets open and attention goes back to the "normal" stocks.
MSM is already on it. And it started rising long before the market closed today.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

Yep. I just cashed out the $700 profit I made.

I think doge only went nuts today because it was something you could buy on Robinhood when you were locked out of the other cool stuff.

I will be surprised if it doesn’t drop sharply in the morning. Hope it doesn’t.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Since I’m out of my 4600 shares of AMC and most of my money is tied in transfers, I’m thinking about taking the $1700 I just had in DOGE and throwing it at SNDL.

85,000 watchers on Stocktwits, and this morning before RH fucked us it was rising fast.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Grain of salt obviously but, and I can’t make this any clearer, ROFLMAO

This person may be right. It might be the clearinghouse that forced these brokers to stop the trading because of the liquidity problem. Apparently they have to hold trade stocks for like 2 days. And as we saw, BILLIONS of trades in a day were happening.

Worth a watch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users