Investing General Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Outside of CNBC and Fox Business where are you actually seeing this?

Almost everyone else is laughing at these hedge fund assholes and even laughing at the CEO of Nasdaq.

I'm not seeing it, I stopped watching or reading any of those news networks months ago (except when I'm forced to, since they're all perpetually in everyone's face)

I do know a couple of them put out articles trying to tear the redditors down, though. They were mentioned earlier in the thread. Not sure if that means they're all doing it, or why BET is in there.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife; Why did you put $300 in Dogecoin earlier?

Me:
1611902463495.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Too late to YOLO into GME? I have a little fun account made for this shit, and Activision has been very good to me.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Too late to YOLO into GME? I have a little fun account made for this shit, and Activision has been very good to me.
I'm YOLOing back in this morning first chance I get.

To be clear: I'm an idiot and heavy drinking kool-aid this week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've lost a grand total of $200 on GME so far and I'm not goin' anywhere yet. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Interview with CEO of WeBull. Talks about why the clearning house upped the collateral to 100% on certain stocks. If true whole thing sounds like a clusterfuck that I can't believe it took this long to go off the rails.

@30 minutes gets into why some brokers could sell and not buy. Clearning houses had different collateral for each broker and it was rotatin around in a never ending deal. Depending on how long the trades would take to clear which kind of explains why some brokers had the restrictions and some didn't. The bigger brokers like Fidelity and Lynch etc... clear for themselves and don't use a clearinghouse.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So, is holding GS2C (German GME stock) instead of GME gonna fuck me over? e.g if the bubble bursts when the German exchange is shut?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The larger firms like Fidelity and Lynch avoided the increased collateral requirement from the clearinghouses since they self clear. The WeBull CEO said it went from 2-5% to 100% for the smaller firms since they had 1billion shares on the hook suddenly. Should have planned ahead when you let them short 125%. At least that's what the CEO of WeBull said, he was on the phone with the clearing house all day trying to get the restrictions released. The ok to sell but not buy, not really clear at all.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Popped 1k into Doge yesterday morning at 0.009, set """conservative""" limit order to sell half at 0.019, gets executed same afternoon. Clown world. Sold some more at 0.05 and letting the rest ride, already cashed out enough to make over 100% profit. I feel like the Wolf of Wall Street guy.

Also, bitcoin just spiked hard in the last hour.

1611912502608.png

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried hopping on the Doge wagon yesterday afternoon when I heard about it. Logged into my ancient Coinbase account, but seems they do not sell it there?

I could have made dollars.. dollars I tell you!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice AMC pop this morning. Over $14 currently. GME sitting right at $400

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My broker (Lightspeed) actually has shares to borrow on AMC, which I find kind of crazy. Borrow cost of $0.062 per share.

No interest in taking that position, but there is still risk-on sentiment out there.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Popped 1k into Doge yesterday morning at 0.009, set """conservative""" limit order to sell half at 0.019, gets executed same afternoon. Clown world. Sold some more at 0.05 and letting the rest ride, already cashed out enough to make over 100% profit. I feel like the Wolf of Wall Street guy.

Also, bitcoin just spiked hard in the last hour.

View attachment 331814

What do you use for Doge? Don't remember seeing it available in any of my apps. Considered investing in it yesterday and didn't, bad move. I did put $500 in Bitcoin when it dipped to 30 though, could make a quick $100 profit but I'm going to leave it alone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wow, impressive late night gains in GME. At this rate it'll break its own record tomorrow, hopefully. AMC is lagging quite a bit unfortunately.

Noob question: If you sell in the middle of the night and it goes through the next day at 9:30 or so, does it sell at the price it was at when you requested the sell, or the price it's at as of 9:30? Does it depend on the broker and things like After Hours Selling being enabled?

Either way, still holding. Net results of the first full 24 hours of investing: BTC up, GME up, AMC down, BB down, Tesla and Lordstown Motors too early to tell but seem solid. All in all I either slightly broke even or slightly didn't. Has been fun so far. Also put $100 on WWE even though I can't stand WWE anymore, since their 2020 earnings press conference is Feb 4th and they should spike after they turn out to have done surprisingly well in a pandemic.