Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually use both, I keep $5 at TD so I have access to TOS. I have Active trader on one monitor for trade entries and current positions and other monitor is using TOS for charting. Overall I like TOS charting but some of that may be just because I never gave active trader much chance. I have been using TOS for charting for over a decade because I did this same set up when still at vanguard. TOS is a very robust program but active trader should definitely be sufficient for almost everyone, and I would definitely prefer Fidelity over TD.
As big of a trader you are, I am shocked you aren't using eSignal. Try their free trial. It is the best there is and TOS feels clunky and antiquated.

I can dial in precision entries all the way down to a 1 second timeframe (I use 24S for entries). TOS won't go under 1 min.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
As big of a trader you are, I am shocked you aren't using eSignal. Try their free trial. It is the best there is and TOS feels clunky and antiquated.

I can dial in precision entries all the way down to a 1 second timeframe (I use 24S for entries). TOS won't go under 1 min.

My average hold has extended a good bit, when I was day trading and hold period was mins and secs, then TOS would be a no go. During that time I used scott trade which was lightning quick. My fellow day traders who kept at it after scott trade buy out went mostly to lightspeed.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They told me it was coincidence and that FINRA has instructed them to switch over all limited margin retirement accounts to day trader margin requirements. Said this is rolling out over time.

@Khane didn't go back to find your post, but last night I think you mentioned a call from fidelity that asked for your username. While I would never call back a random number, wanted to tell you that Fidelity does indeed ask for your username or SS# when you call (never password). Not crazy about that as a feature, I like vanguards voice is my password gateway better. I just always make sure I am calling an official number.
Looks like we both dodged a bullet closing out the puts yesterday.

Happy Yes It Is GIF

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Already got my cash in my bank, one night transfer, cool.

I will compile the names for the lotto today. I think I found a site or two to randomize the names in. I’ll think of some way to make it public or viewable.

Group fun:

I have $1700 sitting in another account.

Suggest a longshot option play we get some consensus on, and I’ll buy it. Not a nonsense one mind you — but it can be meme related. Something that actually has somewhat of a chance based on conditions but which will pay out greatly if it works.

If it pays out big I’ll give more money away afterwards.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I will compile the names for the lotto today. I think I found a site or two to randomize the names in. I’ll think of some way to make it public or viewable.

Group fun:

Suggest a longshot option play we get some consensus on, and I’ll buy it. Not a nonsense one mind you — but it can be meme related. Something that actually has somewhat of a chance based on conditions but which will pay out greatly if it works.

SNDL is primed but hasn't squeezed yet like the others. Got close to 1.00 a couple times

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Group fun:

Short GME :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My average hold has extended a good bit, when I was day trading and hold period was mins and secs, then TOS would be a no go. During that time I used scott trade which was lightning quick. My fellow day traders who kept at it after scott trade buy out went mostly to lightspeed.

Yep, I am using Lightspeed and eSignal. Pricey, but worth it. Though I swing trade in TOS. But it bit me yesterday only allowing premarket trading after 7am. Had a 10% green overnight swing turn red by 7am.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I need very specific instructions for anything.

I understand the basics but I need “PRASS THIS BOTTON.”

😜

Don’t wanna piss off anyone with shorts. 😂 But I will do whatever makes sense that is reasonable.
Was more of a joke. Though its probably the right play.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was more of a joke. Though its probably the right play.
Sorry novice here. When you say short the stock, if a everyday person shorts lets say GME and you get in a similar position these guys are in and can't buy the shares you owe who pays that bill ?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
SNDL is primed but hasn't squeezed yet like the others. Got close to 1.00 a couple times

Man. It was running up hard yesterday.

I was up $13k on it in short order, then they pulled the fuckery, and I got out with a few grand within seconds and could have lost a lot.

All this stuff is really suppressing the SPAC market it looks like.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sorry novice here. When you say short the stock, if a everyday person shorts lets say GME and you get in a similar position these guys are in and can't buy the shares you owe who pays that bill ?

They normally won't let you short stock without making sure you can cover it.