Investing General Discussion

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I don't know as long as million of retards are hopping on the speculation trains I don't mind buying in a couple of stocks early on then dumping it. As far as I can tell all this shit is a massive pump and dump scheme that your average dipshit doesn't realize and is gonna "Hold the Line" it's like Folder and his Trust the Plan gayness.

If a million retard faggots are gonna manipulate the market why not get in early on X,Y,Z make 50-100% cash out and wait for the next.

• 8Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Futures looking in the red again. Long way until the bell tomorrow though. I added to some positions on the Friday sell-off to average down on some cost basis. I typically don't buy into market weakness, especially over a weekend. Dips in the market have consistently been bought up though, so I went for it. Hope this doesn't bite me, as I am far more market exposed than I have been in the last 6 months. We need some stimulus news and more positive vaccine news to get the engine started again and put this squeeze nonsense behind us!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There is no doubt that these "ideas" are no longer coming from WSB organically they are coming from hedge funds on WSB planting the seeds. This whole phenomenon is going to make tons and tons of money for the people retail thinks are being hurt. Lets do APPLE next guys! You have one side with complete transparency (retail) vs. the other side with almost no transparency (Professional money) and people somehow think retail comes out on top. One side has access to leverage being taken away the other side has near unlimited leverage. One side has access to the fastest most accessible trading the other side is being limited to 2 share transactions. People need to wake up.

Prior to the actually overt market manipulation, I think WSB was going to kick a lot of ass.

But I also think the big round of fuckery prolly let all the fatal pressure out.

I sold at a loss, but hard not to when they are literally rigging the markets in a plain open and malicious manner.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Re: silver

It's not at it's all time high, but there is a ton of big silver out there.

The ounces and pretty coins supply might go dry, but you can always get 1000oz bars etc.

Not sure a short squeeze on it will work.

Btw, it spiked right at the start of all this. So like Blazin Blazin said, be wary of WSB getting caught by the sharks on all the "next pump"

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
"I'd be very happy with a 2x or 3x return over a couple days."

Ya think?

I'm kind of sad I started this investment Forum. Was nice when it was me and Blazin Blazin talking about Ben Graham on how to properly value stocks.

Oh well, I hope all you retards get rich like me but do it way faster!!
Translation: "You kids today with your meme stocks and SPACs. In my day we took a 10% annual return and we happy we got it. And we had to pay taxes on it too. And we liked that too."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Translation: "You kids today with your meme stocks and SPACs. In my day we took a 10% annual return and we happy we got it. And we had to pay taxes on it too. And we liked that too."
Okay boomer? I'm 36 Sanrith, I don't like paying taxes, that's why I have a LP and a living trust under My 1% C-Corp. The rich are part of a different club.

My point was, understanding what is the difference between taking a loss on purpose (I bought gme at 82$ and knew I was being a retard but wanted to stick it to the man) to honestly expecting 300% return in a couple of days.

I've been a member of WSBets for years and if I followed every attempt for a short squeeze I would be a poor man today.

Even the "GME adderall" post was 4ish months ago.

There is a significant difference for me to buy/throw away 10 shares of gamestop with an 8 figure portfolio than many people thinking they can sit at this table and get a free lunch. Bagholders will be bagholders when you realize they can just issue more shares of xyz.

I said the same about Tilray and Canopy but what do I know.

TL:DR, I'm holding GSE for life and sound like a boomer!

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oi, that's a bad look for WSB. There are now a number of WSB spinoff subs (i.e. WSBElite, WSBsilver, etc) that have garnered tens of thousands of new users due to over-moderation in WSB. They're now saying you could get banned from WSB if they see you posting in any of the spinoffs. To me that reeks of a small amount of people wanting to steer WSB in certain directions, very likely because it will net those moderators $$$.

View attachment 332262
I mean, imagine trying to moderate this.

9CC271E5-E862-44AE-8BE4-951E2BD93F4B.jpeg

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Okay boomer? I'm 36 Sanrith, I don't like paying taxes, that's why I have a LP and a living trust under My 1% C-Corp. The rich are part of a different club.

My point was, understanding what is the difference between taking a loss on purpose (I bought gme at 82$ and knew I was being a retard but wanted to stick it to the man) to honestly expecting 300% return in a couple of days.

I've been a member of WSBets for years and if I followed every attempt for a short squeeze I would be a poor man today.

There is a significant difference for me to buy/throw away 10 shares of gamestop with an 8 figure portfolio than many people thinking they can sit at this table and get a free lunch. Bagholders will be bagholders when you realize they can just issue more shares of xyz.

If you read the normal stuff I post here you would know I was fucking with you. You would also know I have no sympathy for dead money. I gladly offer advice for those wanting to build wealth in a way that isn't throwing the dice, but I ain't nobody's dad.

And I would post the size of my portfolio but whipping out something that big here outside of Screenshots would get me banned :)

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
It's still early but it could be the start if the correction I have been waiting for. Nasdaq down 1% on top of the 2% on Friday.

Screenshot_20210131-190325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

ok Boomber, ok

• 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you read the normal stuff I post here you would know I was fucking with you. You would also know I have no sympathy for dead money. I gladly offer advice for those wanting to build wealth in a way that isn't throwing the dice, but I ain't nobody's dad.

And I would post the size of my portfolio but whipping out something that big here outside of Screenshots would get me banned :)
I do know you are one of the wise ones I'm sort of multi-tasking today and not really paying attention.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Re: silver

It's not at it's all time high, but there is a ton of big silver out there.

The ounces and pretty coins supply might go dry, but you can always get 1000oz bars etc.

Not sure a short squeeze on it will work.

Btw, it spiked right at the start of all this. So like Blazin Blazin said, be wary of WSB getting caught by the sharks on all the "next pump"

I honestly don't think any kind of silver short squeeze can feasibly be pulled off. The biggest reason is that whereas the GME stuff is a couple big hedge funds manipulating GME and some "diamond handed apes" on the internet managing to force the price up to screw them silver, as a market, is a wholly different beast.

• Silver isn't a single stock, it's a lot of things, from miner companies, to funds, to actual silver indexes, to buying bullion/rounds/etc.
  • Not only are big hedge funds in on shorting silver, huge banks, and actual governments are in on silver as well. They have the ability to literally change the laws of the market if they need to in order to protect that.
Full disclosure, I own a minute amount of actual physical silver. (sub 500oz)

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Expect to buy and hold it if you buy it. It will likely go up short term but it may well not. Unless it shoots up $20 an ounce or something I’ll be holding mine long term as an overall investment and not a flip.

For all we know all of this weirdness could cause someone to open the floodgates on physical silver and actually DROP the cost short term. Anyone who isn’t willing to hold 10-20 years will be fucked.

I would caution anyone who doesn’t want their money tied up for possibly years to avoid.

I'm moving 2 percent into slv with a plan to hold unless it jumps huge. Thought about gdx but saw some youtube video with a bond king expert telling people to avoid gold for now as it will follow with the s an p.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Bloomberg terminal saying THCB and Microvast on the verge of announcing their DA. I've held this thing since November, maybe from Sarnith's tip? Funny how I just let it drift around the teens and up to 21? and leff it alone, hope it does well. Seems like a lot are ecstatic over the DA.