Investing General Discussion

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That has to be a problem with your bank. Mine went through in less than 24 hours when I created my account.
yeah i guess so. i got a notification from fidelity it was complete but its still not available. gonna leave this shit little credit union

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My main watch for Monday will be $ANY - Sphere 3D. Mostly chart related, but they did make a new acquisition in late January of a company called Rainmaker that looks promising. Chart is setting up to an almost identical run up last July, and if it wasn't for a small spike in December, char would be a near perfect cup and handle from late Sept. to Feb. The float is small at almost 5.5 million shares available. I sold to take profits today, but I will get back in if there isn't a sale off come Monday.

$ANY was good for me today. I still think she has more room to run and will look for another entry on an early morning dip.

^^^ Not financial advice and just sharing ideas.

63928F96-7AEA-4C3F-8143-F71C2DE7A0C3.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So why should I be investing in cat food? And why is Temptations the brand of choice?

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Where I find my stonks.

I like the screener that tradingview.com has for during hours trading where I want to do a quick scan for ticker volume and dollar % up/down etc looking for momentum trades (paid subscription gets real-time data).

I do almost all of my research on finviz.com. Their screener is top notch and allows you to save your search criteria for different scans. It gives you a ton of information. I also like that it gives you a history of links to news articles. Want to see why the chart jumped 30% last July? Scroll down and see if there was a news article about it. The one I call my green scan, I use the following indicators in it. Descriptive indicators: Current volume over 1 million. Price under $30. No fundamental indicators. Technical indicators: Performance: 5%+, average true range: over .25, volatility: week over 5%, Change: Up, Pattern: horizontal, Change from open: Up. I look at these charts at the daily level every night before the next morning trading session. I look for previous runners, chart indicators like a golden cross, cup and handle, bull/bear flags, head and shoulders etc. Take notes on ones that I believe can run and look for entry points based on my findings the next trading session. Look back at my previous post on $ANY for an example.

I don't buy until I see the development of what I looked for from the previous night. Sometimes, stuff doesn't pan out at all, and I don't trade that day.

Just thought I would share a little of my process.

Thoughts/questions/comments appreciated.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I like stocktwits for quick looks and see what's trending; however, take whatever you read on that with a grain of salt. Bulls are mostly hopped up on massive amounts of hopium and love to post nonstop 🚀 🚀 🚀 which 99% of the time never leave the ground much less our atmosphere.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Guy interviews Head of Robinhood if anyone is interested. It's an interesting watch:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
This is the level of people still in AMC.

My latest bullshit post on Stocktwits AMC:

A1846C5A-F462-4574-BFF4-6BBF4AFA0B89.jpeg

This guy asked me for a link to the story and actually tried to verify it.

7A1FBFA6-780D-42BC-965D-A69CF8507300.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Foley is lining up two more spacs totally 1.5 billion, haven't gotten a line on any tickers yet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Where I find my stonks.

I like the screener that tradingview.com has for during hours trading where I want to do a quick scan for ticker volume and dollar % up/down etc looking for momentum trades (paid subscription gets real-time data).

I do almost all of my research on finviz.com. Their screener is top notch and allows you to save your search criteria for different scans. It gives you a ton of information. I also like that it gives you a history of links to news articles. Want to see why the chart jumped 30% last July? Scroll down and see if there was a news article about it. The one I call my green scan, I use the following indicators in it. Descriptive indicators: Current volume over 1 million. Price under $30. No fundamental indicators. Technical indicators: Performance: 5%+, average true range: over .25, volatility: week over 5%, Change: Up, Pattern: horizontal, Change from open: Up. I look at these charts at the daily level every night before the next morning trading session. I look for previous runners, chart indicators like a golden cross, cup and handle, bull/bear flags, head and shoulders etc. Take notes on ones that I believe can run and look for entry points based on my findings the next trading session. Look back at my previous post on $ANY for an example.

I don't buy until I see the development of what I looked for from the previous night. Sometimes, stuff doesn't pan out at all, and I don't trade that day.

Just thought I would share a little of my process.

Thoughts/questions/comments appreciated.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I like stocktwits for quick looks and see what's trending; however, take whatever you read on that with a grain of salt. Bulls are mostly hopped up on massive amounts of hopium and love to post nonstop 🚀 🚀 🚀 which 99% of the time never leave the ground much less our atmosphere.
Do you pay for Tradingview?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I leave for <24hrs and Blazin has thrown my world upside down.

All the crypto tied stocks are on a tear right now. You all think AAPL rumor of $5b purchase is a rumor from people trying to keep pumping?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I think everyone realizes crypto isn't going away, and that means increased adoption.

Hard to keep arguing with the gains. Esp with like Tesla, who can raise infinite money.

Why not sell a million new shares and buy BTC? If it goes to zero, just issue more shares. Not like that affects the price

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think everyone realizes crypto isn't going away, and that means increased adoption.

Hard to keep arguing with the gains. Esp with like Tesla, who can raise infinite money.

Why not sell a million new shares and buy BTC? If it goes to zero, just issue more shares. Not like that affects the price
Oh that effects the price all right. It just increases it!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Up 1100% on my penny stock...

Hell, might be the next Tesla.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Up 1100% on my penny stock...

Hell, might be the next Tesla.
The HCMC or whatever?

What is everyones favorite EV battery stock? I missed PLUG huge rally but I don't want to miss the entire surge, should i just go active ETF like $LIT or something if going long?

Last edited:

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The HCMC or whatever?

What is everyones favorite EV battery stock? I missed PLUG huge rally but I don't want to miss the entire surge, should i just go active ETF like $LIT or something if going long?
not a battery stock exactly or favorite, but relevant

• 1Like