Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Took a new position today in Zoetis (ZTS) today new company for me this is a company that makes pet medicine. Chart has been in a healthy consolidation and earnings report is next week. Not a huge position just a little risk taking for me with money to put to work.

Speaking of technical, this buy at $160 printing tendies. Stock fell and bounced to it's 200d support had confirmation of regaining 20d moving average = Entry point. Up almost 5% already and it's not a YOLO stock. Point being there are opportunities out there even with market at highs and everyone chasing meme stocks.

5m chart last two days
Capture.JPG

• 2Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
CCIV is stupid enough that I'm looking at buying puts for the first time ever. I generally only buy calls, and even then rarely. Kinda pricey, but I think the chance of them being led into a shit deal with some much valuation and not the cash to match it is high.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CCIV is stupid enough that I'm looking at buying puts for the first time ever. I generally only buy calls, and even then rarely. Kinda pricey, but I think the chance of them being led into a shit deal with some much valuation and not the cash to match it is high.
I have been writing puts and cashing out since it broke $20. That IV on the premium you pay will be some pricy insurance.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
UBER

Let these numbers sink in. They lost 6.8 billion on 11.1 billion in revenue in 2020. They lost 61 cents on every fucking dollar of revenue. They lost 63 cents of every dollar of revenue in 2019. They actually lost less per dollar when their revenue went down. This means the more they make the higher their loss per dollar of revenue grows.

Who the fuck would ever buy this shitty stock? You have better odds of making money with doggiecoin.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
sold a put expires next week, on AMZN instead of my normal SPY as I actually like the chart better here. Just keeping cash working.
Capture.JPG

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
UBER

Let these numbers sink in. They lost 6.8 billion on 11.1 billion in revenue in 2020. They lost 61 cents on every fucking dollar of revenue. They lost 63 cents of every dollar of revenue in 2019. They actually lost less per dollar when their revenue went down. This means the more they make the higher their loss per dollar of revenue grows.

Who the fuck would ever buy this shitty stock? You have better odds of making money with doggiecoin.

Do you really though? We’ve seen a lot of absurd valuations around companies that are not even close to being worth what their stock says they’re worth. Tesla being worth more than all other car makers combined is the big one. I don’t really know why but earning certain stocks for no reason other than it’s cool to do so or maybe some day they’ll be worth a shit seems to be a viable strategy now.

Im not advocating for owning Uber, I certainly won’t. But there’s a lot out there that’s profitable to own and the fundamentals don’t really support that it should be. Overstock, AMD, Tesla, etc. I think the massive amount of retail investors that don’t care about fundamentals makes this possible? Idk.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Do you really though? We’ve seen a lot of absurd valuations around companies that are not even close to being worth what their stock says they’re worth. Tesla being worth more than all other car makers combined is the big one. I don’t really know why but earning certain stocks for no reason other than it’s cool to do so or maybe some day they’ll be worth a shit seems to be a viable strategy now.

Im not advocating for owning Uber, I certainly won’t. But there’s a lot out there that’s profitable to own and the fundamentals don’t really support that it should be. Overstock, AMD, Tesla, etc. I think the massive amount of retail investors that don’t care about fundamentals makes this possible? Idk.
But tsla also makes rockets, self driving cars, and space internet.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Its not even about profitable/not profitable. The more they make, the more they lose. Its not linear. It increases as their revenue increases. That isnt a business. Growth companies lose money at first, but as they scale and become more efficient the loss per dollar decreases. This is the exact opposite.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Infrastructure is going to be the biggest push of this administration. Biden arguably put his most capable cabinet member in Transportation.

Scary when your most capable member is a gay CIA spook who's only executive experience was being a small town mayor. What's Buttplug's transportation expertise other than cruising down the hershey highway?

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
UBER

you still buying UBER Rajaah Rajaah ?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seriously, why hasn't AMZN considered a stock split at all. Apple and Tesla did it much sooner

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Seriously, why hasn't AMZN considered a stock split at all. Apple and Tesla did it much sooner

THis is what I think about when banging my wife. Even if they would at least do a 3:1 and bring it back down to $1,000 a share if the four digits is important to them. Pretty frustrating, it keeps a lot of retail out of their stock and maybe that's how they want it.

• 1Worf