Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Semiconductors have been coming up a lot, both in this thread and in the news with the shortages etc. TSM is at a discount right now after the dip, dropped from 140 to 132, the options premiums look good too so are a great way to try to get in. I was looking at semiconductor ETFs too and both SMH and SOXX are about almost 100% over 1 year.

My neuvo rich semiconductor friend keeps telling me to convert my portfolio to all these random semiconductor related names i've never heard of, but most i've done so far is by Nvida , AMD, Qcom, Broadcom, Marvell. Shit thats a longer list than I thought. Anyways, its nothing very exotic.

But he is into a lot of names way farther up the chip making food chain from these companies. He seems to be doing very well. I'm looking at a sticky note he gave me now with some stuff jotted down on it: ASML, LAM, AMAT, KLAC, IIVI, Tokyo Electron, LasterTec, LCRX, KAL, IIVIP, HOYA, AGC, Synopsis, Cadence

Don't ask me to explain it, I don't speak autistic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Last piece of Canadian silver came in today, not gonna buy any more. Decent little bit of clinky clink to keep around. It’s fun to fondle.
A5681C11-AE34-4EAD-AAED-4FCD50BE18BC.jpeg
08751B14-D1FD-4074-97A0-1609820F5D81.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 5 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
My neuvo rich semiconductor friend keeps telling me to convert my portfolio to all these random semiconductor related names i've never heard of, but most i've done so far is by Nvida , AMD, Qcom, Broadcom, Marvell. Shit thats a longer list than I thought. Anyways, its nothing very exotic.

But he is into a lot of names way farther up the chip making food chain from these companies. He seems to be doing very well. I'm looking at a sticky note he gave me now with some stuff jotted down on it: ASML, LAM, AMAT, KLAC, IIVI, Tokyo Electron, LasterTec, LCRX, KAL, IIVIP, HOYA, AGC, Synopsis, Cadence

I just know Lam Research because I drive past one of their compounds in Livermore all the time.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Last piece of Canadian silver came in today, not gonna buy any more. Decent little bit of clinky clink to keep around. It’s fun to fondle.

Yep, I was going to say just that when I saw the pic and before I read your text. Its fun to just feel the heaviness in your hand isint it? Now what you do is get a sample of all the other precious metals and array them in front of you. Not a ton, just one of each is enough. Kinda neat to see and hold each of them in turn.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yep, I was going to say just that when I saw the pic and before I read your text. Its fun to just feel the heaviness in your hand isint it? Now what you do is get a sample of all the other precious metals and array them in front of you. Not a ton, just one of each is enough. Kinda neat to see and hold each of them in turn.
Totally fun since it’s so dense. Definitely wish I had a load of really dense rare earth metals. Amazing to think gold is almost twice as dense.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I pulled up the charts on several of those listed and interestingly, they all follow damn near the same pattern since November and have been on a steady uptrend since. $IIVI looks to have not yet recovered from the mid Feb dip like the rest. Could potentially be a play there(please do your own DD as I did not look into these companies at all, just charts). If you are looking for a gamble. There is a penny stock not on your list currently at $3.20 $AEHR in the semiconductor sector. I only mention it because it keeps popping up on my scanner and it is following the patterns below (screenshot of the daily is at the bottom). I think semiconductors are on this run because of crypto mining and their need for GPUs. Bitcoin chart looks to follow a similar pattern (top chart). When the current crypto bubble pops, I have no doubt that these will follow suit.

Edit: I forgot to add that I do not currently hold any securities in the companies below. Shit interested me, so I looked into it.

1614225090329.png

1614224536024.png

1614224446837.png

1614224403856.png

1614224347717.png

1614224842636.png

1614224503891.png

Last edited:
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Asml is very solid. They're literally the only company that makes the machines Intel and tsmc etc. use to actually make processors.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
GME at $150. These retards are hilarious free entertainment. I love it.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Live trading. Dude has made 50k on GME already and another 11k on KOSS (premarket).

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I heard legalization might be making the rounds in the mexican legislature soon, put weed stocks back on your radar.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I heard legalization might be making the rounds in the mexican legislature soon, put weed stocks back on your radar.
They’ve been on mine but haven’t dipped as much as I’d like yet. YOLO and MJ are what I’ve been watching but they’re staying high at the moment. Looking at the 90 day I’m not comfortable buying in at current prices. If it stays there a few more weeks then maybe.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I still have a shitload of SNDL and NOK languishing in a brokerage account. Would love to see those go green again.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone using Fidelity.. Why is it every now and again a directed/extended hours ticket wont load the bids and asks? Is it they are trading on a route/exchange Fidelity doesnt see?

Example:
1614259361988.png

Versus..
1614259452739.png