Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA
I think for anyone looking to add NVDA today may be a good day. Their results were great just with a lot of tech money rebalancing out they may dip today. I think anything in the $500-$525 range is a buy for the long term. Its a steep drop to hit this price and I doubt it does it today, but watch those prices in the near term.

1614260014533.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR is now showing a 100 DMA (which is currently $22.16). This is probably the closest indicator of where the floor is for now.

1614262360180.png

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA
For anyone watching TSLA, the plunge it took bounced right off the 100 DMA. It may be mumbo-jumbo but it works. Except when it doesnt :)

1614262675214.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do you decide which DMA to use? Sometimes I see 100, sometimes 50, etc. are you just looking at when the bounce happens then moving the DMA # to see which one it lines up with?
Depends on if you're day trading, swing trading or holding long etc

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How do you decide which DMA to use? Sometimes I see 100, sometimes 50, etc. are you just looking at when the bounce happens then moving the DMA # to see which one it lines up with?
For most stocks I focus on the longer DMA (as I focus on longer trends). All of them will act as support of some type. In my mind the level of support grows with the length of time. So if something is near the 200 i feel it has a greater chance of bouncing since it has already failed to hold at the 50 and 100. This also means the stock has been on a downward trajectory.

All of them are important for showing trends.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Eh? always haves a question afterwards. Don't you know can have a ! if that's what you're after, but ? is acceptable.

you can. ! Is acceptable.
Example: Fuckin Eh! (Usually followed by “Bro”)

Jackie: if how much silver is in that photo? Pretty cool imo!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which should surprise literally no one.

If you weren't smart enough to get out when it jumped up 300% yesterday, you deserve to languish when it's back at $40 at the end of the day.

• 2Like
  • 1Paper Hands

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good, as fun as it is to watch, don't need more shit making waves in the market right now.

• 1Like
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Good, as fun as it is to watch, don't need more shit making waves in the market right now.
Disagree. FTEC needs to take another dump so my limit triggers. GME shenanigans made some nice buying opportunities.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bond still searching for a bottom, tech going to keep spinning it's wheels until rates settle down. If we go and touch 1.5% on the ten yr that could trigger a little panic. My best guess is that the 10yr does settledown into a trading range of 1.3-1.5% soonish.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bond still searching for a bottom, tech going to keep spinning it's wheels until rates settle down. If we go and touch 1.5% on the ten yr that could trigger a little panic. My best guess is that the 10yr does settledown into a trading range of 1.3-1.5% soonish.
Dayum..

1614265488885.png

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
So I am not a smart man, help me understand why higher bond rates will cause a panic. Is it just a sign more money is moving out of the stock side of the market?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So I am not a smart man, help me understand why higher bond rates will cause a panic. Is it just a sign more money is moving out of the stock side of the market?

No the opposite, money is moving out of bonds. Higher rates and higher inflation is however bad for tech stocks. They are high growth which means more of their earnings are in the future. And that future now has a declining dollar which means that you have to discount the value of those future earnings so that Price to earnings that you are willing to pay will decline.

Meanwhile the commodity stocks sell assets that will inflate along with the currency and you can see very strong increases in commodity prices and subsequently material and industrial stocks. It's why we are seeing a bifurcated market where the DOW is setting highs while the tech heavy nasdaq is struggling.

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also, eventually there will come a point where treasury yields (with there near zero risk) will exceed what equities can provide (say like the SPY dividend yield) with higher risk. At some point bonds become a more attractive investment than equities to a certain segment of investors.

• 3Like