Investing General Discussion

Molten Core Raider
On TdA you can click a default box that all eligible equities automatically DRIP enroll. Pretty handy.

Why I asked was I dumped my money in my IRA this year and just bought a few ETFs, set them to DRIP and stopped thinking about it. The other night my brain started wandering, and I was thinking, instead of just automatically reinvesting a dividend in the same etf or stock or whatever, if I wouldn't be better letting them go into the account balance, and then using them to pick up dips in other aspects of the markets, or beat down stocks I think will come back.

In the end I left DRIP on for now, that may change later, but the money will always stay in the account, I wouldnt take it out, I just MAY be able to make slightly better use out of it, but then, there is no telling what may or may not happen so..

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
HD vs AAPL the last 30 days. HD been on absolute fire.

1617991216810.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold my AMZN on that spike a minute ago. It has been going sideways for a long time and I bought in too late. after the Corona crash. Took my profits and will see if it takes a real dip in the future.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A trading room I pop into on occasion, some noob was attempting to buy options for apparently the first time. He thought he was buying "shares" and bought 1000 of these "shares" for what was supposed to be a SPY 408 23Apr Put. The dude somehow not only screwed up his lack of understanding of contracts vs shares and somehow also hit 9 Apr expiration. All of this happened in like the last 15mins of trading. Said he nuked over $10k instantly.

Yikes.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I noticed today that Fidelity straight up blocks buying options on expiry day. Could have saved him big

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, we basically melted up right into a big macro ascending resistance trend line at the close. Monday sure is going to be interesting!

SPY.png

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it follows the current trend, look for a pullback to the previous high of 398 followed by a bounce back up. You can see it bouncing off the 20 MA all the way up. Also, I noticed a lot of chart discussion uses the 21 MA, whats the theory behind that, just getting a little ahead of the 20 MA to verify the trend/bounce?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If it follows the current trend, look for a pullback to the previous high of 398 followed by a bounce back up. You can see it bouncing off the 20 MA all the way up. Also, I noticed a lot of chart discussion uses the 21 MA, whats the theory behind that, just getting a little ahead of the 20 MA to verify the trend/bounce?
There was a ton of long Gamma for SPY expiring today. Curious to see what Monday brings.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, how do I convince my wife to put savings cash in a near-nav-SPAC? I def wont tell her, “We can’t lose!”. Because then something will happen where we do, haha.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Worf

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So, how do I convince my wife to put savings cash in a near-nav-SPAC? I def wont tell her, “We can’t lose!”. Because then something will happen where we do, haha.
Do it and don't tell her? This advice comes from someone who isn't married.

• 2Worf

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to mention, OPEC shenanigans + Cali tax extortion, isn't the same as inflation.

Fuel demand cratered in most of the world in 2020 and we were swiming to our eyeballs in oversupply. Prices went down during the pandemic. Now we have OPEC playing their part, plus demand shifting as more openings are taking place all around the world. Prices come back up. It is the natural supply / demand cycle.

Not saying that inflation isn't visible in other sectors, because it certainly is, just that fuel prices aren't really the bellweather considering what has happened over the last year.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
And people/builders are still building like crazy. It’s wild.

My aunt works for a supplier and she was talking about the new increases a month ago.

• 2Like