Investing General Discussion

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to mention, OPEC shenanigans + Cali tax extortion, isn't the same as inflation.

Fuel demand cratered in most of the world in 2020 and we were swiming to our eyeballs in oversupply. Prices went down during the pandemic. Now we have OPEC playing their part, plus demand shifting as more openings are taking place all around the world. Prices come back up. It is the natural supply / demand cycle.

Not saying that inflation isn't visible in other sectors, because it certainly is, just that fuel prices aren't really the bellweather considering what has happened over the last year.
We just pretending anything prior to 2020 didn't exist? Gas prices were lower in 2019, so obviously it's not just "people driving again."

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We just pretending anything prior to 2020 didn't exist? Gas prices were lower in 2019, so obviously it's not just "people driving again."
Yeah we went from $1.79/gal to $2.89 in 3 months. Monthly grocery prices have gone up about the same. Builders are tacking on 12k+ per house just for lumber. Electronics prices have gone up 15%+. There’s demand for everything and shortages on it all. New car prices are going up a lot the past two years. The no inflation narrative is total bullshit.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah we went from $1.79/gal to $2.89 in 3 months. Monthly grocery prices have gone up about the same. Builders are tacking on 12k+ per house just for lumber. Electronics prices have gone up 15%+. There’s demand for everything and shortages on it all. New car prices are going up a lot the past two years. The no inflation narrative is total bullshit.
The best part is we don't have to guess. The BLS data is telling us shit is getting more expensive. That's why the gubmint and Fed officials telling us it isn't is so fucking insane.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
NOOo! Not another example of how basically all social causes are just scams!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The government hasnt said its inflation so its clearly not inflation.

Just because literally every single good and service has seen incredible increase in prices in the past year doesnt mean its inflation!
Having just bought a house again this will be good for me. The realtor I have spent 25 years in construction, planning, etc before he became a realtor and has given me a lot of insight on what's going on.

He has said that the price increases seem to mostly be due to industry shutdown/year of lockdowns. The logistical chain has been heavily disrupted for a year and it will take more than a year of normal operations to fully correct it. So, take Austin for example. For the past 10 or so years nearly any new construction you purchased would be built in 6 months or less. Lead times being understood and all the developers had similar time frames. Total custom jobs aside.

Now new constructions take around a year form purchase to completion.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Having just bought a house again this will be good for me. The realtor I have spent 25 years in construction, planning, etc before he became a realtor and has given me a lot of insight on what's going on.

He has said that the price increases seem to mostly be due to industry shutdown/year of lockdowns. The logistical chain has been heavily disrupted for a year and it will take more than a year of normal operations to fully correct it. So, take Austin for example. For the past 10 or so years nearly any new construction you purchased would be built in 6 months or less. Lead times being understood and all the developers had similar time frames. Total custom jobs aside.

Now new constructions take around a year form purchase to completion.
Lot of words when he could have just said “Yup, shits all fucked up!”

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great insider trading on NUAN too. I was looking at the Fri charts on it. It was basically flat all day long at $45, then out of nowhere after hours spiked to $55+. The announcement was made this Monday morning premarket. I just wish one day I could have the insider info like this.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
MSFT buying NUAN for about 19b
Wow. I've got a bunch of industry contacts/"work friends" that work there. At my old job we were a business partner for them, and they were also a customer of ours at the same time, and we did a bunch of IVR development with them.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Great insider trading on NUAN too. I was looking at the Fri charts on it. It was basically flat all day long at $45, then out of nowhere after hours spiked to $55+. The announcement was made this Monday morning premarket. I just wish one day I could have the insider info like this.

Don't worry, the SEC is still busy going after over valued SPACs and reddit tweets I'm sure

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Not sure where you are seeing this, can you show me an after hours spike on Friday?

This is chart, little to activity AH on Friday no price spike.

Capture.PNG

I'm showing not even a thousand shares traded in NUAN Friday AH with final trade at $45.64

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're correct Blazin Blazin I only gave a quick look and the lack of any volume ah Fri basically didnt print anything. Quick glance looked like half a dozen 5min candles after was the spike. But that was 4am this morning. Ah well.

• 1Like