Coinbase IPO. 100 billion valuation.

The Wire Wtf GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Some interesting charts
This time actually is kind of different though. First, the 30 year bond bubble ended. With interest rates also at historic lows, that means all the money flows into the markets. Even more on top is that the rest of the world economy is even worse with many places having negative interest rates recently, and so all worldwide money is dumped into our markets.

Then, the "drop" was an incredibly short, government manufactured drop that had the quickest v shaped recovery I think we've ever had.

Add in insane shit like QE47 or whatever fucking version we're on and printing 8 trillion in under 12 months, and I have a hard time believing we follow historical trends.

I'm very much a believer in laughing at people who think "this time is going to be different," but man, this time things seem quite different.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If they’re in it for the long haul there’s no fucking way they want a $100b valuation. They’re all about to golden parachute the fuck outta there.
Insiders sell stock, buy Bitcoin. Guarantee it

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was considering buying into the coinbase IPO but now I am... skeptical.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last couple days slightly red, even though SP and Nasdaq are green the majority of their holdings are red. Only thing saved me yesterday was Successfully swing trading CWSFF. Had previous posted about buying at .70 - .80 and selling at .9. It finally climbed back to .91 yesterday. Sold yesterday and will be averaging back in under .80, it's currently at .81. Still holding some long too. Also still holding KMPH, SELB, and BCRX for some positive bio news. The rest of my plays are mostly puts at this point.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Bitcoin is sitting in a precarious situation. It's reaching the intersection of military going "where the chips at?" and good-nicks realizing a bazillion computers running full crank wastes a lot of power and hurts the environment. The IRS has poked at it some, but a full-on government attack on BTC wouldn't be pretty.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What is this shit for NGA and STPK? Why would I sell $16 and $27 stock for $10?

Is this forced sale or are they saying they’re going to tank to under $10 so here’s an option to sell?

3328C32E-EDB9-485B-BFED-7719B1CCBDAE.jpeg

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

Is this forced sale or are they saying they’re going to tank to under $10 so here’s an option to sell?

View attachment 347934
It’s just your redemption rights like all SPACs have. This is why people say SPACs have a de facto floor of NAV.

Supposing those two stocks were UNDER $10 a share, you would still have the right to redeem them for $10 a share plus interest.

• 1Truth!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Coinbase IPO. 100 billion valuation.

The Wire Wtf GIF

I believe the real money to be made off the coinbase IPO will be in the pop it gives to the Crypto space , not in it's own stock value. Today's surge in crypto prices are making me think I'm not the only one thinking this.

Bitcoin is sitting in a precarious situation. It's reaching the intersection of military going "where the chips at?" and good-nicks realizing a bazillion computers running full crank wastes a lot of power and hurts the environment. The IRS has poked at it some, but a full-on government attack on BTC wouldn't be pretty.

As for the "environmental" impact.... I just had to have this argument with a friend. Look at what BTC is positioned as, it's positioned as a replacement for Gold as a store of value. Compare the environmental impact of all BTC mining versus the environmental and energy cost of mining gold and you suddenly see, it's the green alternative. I do still think we're going to see the government come after crypto hard at some point, but the proverbial cow is already out of the barn at this point. Tax law around Crypto is actually far more established and defined now than it was just a couple years ago. But the SEC seems to be gearing up to engage in some high tier fuckery.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 347934

If I were an honest person, I'd say this is the company trying to help their stock by showing they have the good faith to support it at 10$.

If I were a dishonest person I'd say the company is readying the golden parachutes so they can dunk on the current price and then evacuate at cost once the price goes below 10. "Everyone else had the same chance to do it, promise!"

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
If I were an honest person, I'd say this is the company trying to help their stock by showing they have the good faith to support it at 10$.

If I were a dishonest person I'd say the company is readying the golden parachutes so they can dunk on the current price and then evacuate at cost once the price goes below 10. "Everyone else had the same chance to do it, promise!"
Every SPAC has redemption of shares available. This is in no way unusual or underhanded.

• 1Truth!