Investing General Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
PLTR - Like I said that spike was pure fund bullshit to get out of their calls in the $25 - $26 range before they expired worthless on Friday. The sold all their worthless calls and then dumped all the shares they bought with investor money bring PLTR right back where it was on on Friday.

View attachment 348274

Yeah, the temporary PLTR bounce was fun while it lasted. Considered selling last night just because I want to move away from PLTR, but didn't get around to it until it was too late today. Oh well.

My week of paperhandsing and playing with new IPOs is coming to an end now as I'm re-investing the stocks I don't like back into SPACs and cryptos where I'll leave them alone to regain their losses. Playing with day-trading BTC is fun but when we've got such a bull market like this I'm switching my mindset to the "let it ride" idea. Even if we have a dip in BTC for a while at some point, not going to stress out over this stuff more than I already have. I'll make less from not swing-trading, but I'll also lose less, and probably live longer. Buy on dips, hold everything, that's my new strategy.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This three are usually the first steps. Not surprisingly, most Americans cant/won't reach the 401k annual cap (19.5k), let alone the Roth plus HSA caps. Start there.
I've only been in the professional workforce for 8 years (not counting my Army time.). Despite my unintended lol 19 year old retard windfall I just want to say that it is quite shocking how much wealth you can generate if you JUST do these three things consistently.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've only been in the professional workforce for 8 years (not counting my Army time.). Despite my unintended lol 19 year old retard windfall I just want to say that it is quite shocking how much wealth you can generate if you JUST do these three things consistently.
Now dont get me wrong. Putting aside 25k (401k plus Roth) a year is a challenge for many types especially if they have to pay to raise kids. For those with the ability (and will) to do so it means a very nice life in retirement. It took me longer to do it than I wish, but a divorce and raising kids a second time will do that.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Now dont get me wrong. Putting aside 25k (401k plus Roth) a year is a challenge for many types especially if they have to pay to raise kids. For those with the ability (and will) to do so it means a very nice life in retirement. It took me longer to do it than I wish, but a divorce and raising kids a second time will do that.

I did 58,000 (solo 401k), 7200 (HSA) and 6000 (backdoor roth). Everyone needs a 1099 gig so they can do a solo 401k and really sock it away.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I can easily hit all of those.
I was just reminded I forgot the SEP if you have some sort of company you own. Thats the other big ticket item because the amount is only capped by the money made by the company.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
COIN financials:
2020 Financials shows a net profit margin of about 8.5%. 2019 was a loss. EBITDA margins about 20%, again 2019 was a loss. Their 2021 projections seems insanely high (projecting Q1 revenue equal to all of 2020 revenue). I like that SGA expense slowed down considerably as revenue increased from 2019 to 2020. I dont see this thing as vaporware with my cursory look at the financials, but I also dont see it as a 100b company. It needs to churn about 1b in revenue a year to maintain profitability at the current expenses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I was just reminded I forgot the SEP if you have some sort of company you own. Thats the other big ticket item because the amount is only capped by the money made by the company.

There’s also a “defined benefit contribution plan” or whatever that lets you sock away another $40-50,000 depending on age. It does affect your employee contribution (I think) to your solo 401k. And you have to contribute the max amount for X number of years to “legitimize the plan”, and the plan can be hosted at the financial institution of your choice. I never went through with it bc it costs like $3000-4000 to setup and like $1500/yr

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
COIN financials:
2020 Financials shows a net profit margin of about 8.5%. 2019 was a loss. EBITDA margins about 20%, again 2019 was a loss. Their 2021 projections seems insanely high (projecting Q1 revenue equal to all of 2020 revenue). I like that SGA expense slowed down considerably as revenue increased from 2019 to 2020. I dont see this thing as vaporware with my cursory look at the financials, but I also dont see it as a 100b company. It needs to churn about 1b in revenue a year to maintain profitability at the current expenses.

Values it as being worth more than the NASDAQ . My issue with it is that the transaction fees are very high and if they are successful , just like stocks, those fees will be driven way way down. For it to be worth mroe in the future it really needs to become a prime broker of crypto. It can't get to supporting this valuation on transaction fees.

• 2Like