Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought to close all 40 QQQ put contracts this morning. They expired next week but had already sucked 90% of the value out of them in a few days. Will only play something next week if I see another juicy setup. Moving my attention to June.

• 2Tendies
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, she has crushed the SPY over the last 5 years. That isnt easy to do. If you exclude the last 12 months phenomenal run she had she still crushed the SPY over the previous 4 years.
Not denying she got lucky. But most people don't have their money in at the beginning. Most people invest an increasing amount over time, which is why chasing after people who get lucky can get you hurt. She happened to have a shitload of TSLA, and TSLA went donkey kong. Good for her. Lot of people saw those portfolios skyrocket. The ones that got rich were the ones that sold when the time was right, though.

I do my best not to chase money. My plan states if I get SPY average returns, I'll retire very early with more money than I need. SPY returns it is.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not denying she got lucky. But most people don't have their money in at the beginning. Most people invest an increasing amount over time, which is why chasing after people who get lucky can get you hurt. She happened to have a shitload of TSLA, and TSLA went donkey kong. Good for her. Lot of people saw those portfolios skyrocket. The ones that got rich were the ones that sold when the time was right, though.

I do my best not to chase money. My plan states if I get SPY average returns, I'll retire very early with more money than I need. SPY returns it is.
SPY is the benchmark to shoot for. Everything else is gravy.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I remember someone posted a relative having a high stake of ark. RIP in peace. I really have an easy time ignoring market geniuses, especially in a bull market. Money has always been crazy, and reading about the tulip craze should mandatory for any investor who thinks they've figured out how to beat the market. When you get desperate for big wins in a market is when you get taken to the slaughter house.

I had a good amount of it, got out with 15-30% profit over a six month period.

Will prolly put some back in slowly over time.

But I'm still taking profits out and cutting fat.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Market manipulation in equities? Nah, thats a crypto thing...

Options expiry today:
1621611967305.png

1621612047655.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

They are coming for you next.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I really hope they do come for every single person that does hide their income.

This is just like #THOTAUDIT but for everyone.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Max pain theory in action. I've always wondered, for an enormous market cap like AAPL, is it a cabal of sovereign funds, or is it like sharks where they informally coordinate together.
Funds have massive amounts of client funds available to manipulate stocks on a very short basis. If they have a large options position that may go worthless, they can use the money to move the stock to some degree.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I feel these belong here rather than the crypto thread. Two opinions to ponder:

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hello, investing thread. I am a complete, total noob when it comes to investing. Can anyone recommend a good company to go through to open a Roth IRA? Are roboinvestors like Wealthfront a good idea for beginners or is this kind of thing fairly easy to figure out on one’s own?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

They're coming for wealthy taxpayers, but I mean they must be leaving wealthy non-tax payers alone if that's the case.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hello, investing thread. I am a complete, total noob when it comes to investing. Can anyone recommend a good company to go through to open a Roth IRA? Are roboinvestors like Wealthfront a good idea for beginners or is this kind of thing fairly easy to figure out on one’s own?

Vanguard or Fidelity are simple enough and are pretty much the gold standard for long term passive investing for 401k/IRA

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I asked pretty much the same question last year when I started my Roth. Went with Fidelity as a total noob and I've been happy with them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I’ll repeat the others to drive the point, use fidelity

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like