Investing General Discussion

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That face when you look at the IWM and see this...

View attachment 362469

frustrated kristen wiig GIF
It was probably a much smaller percentage prior to the price increase.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My gut is telling me to risk off, but then I see Janet Powell speak and its like

Buy Trading GIF by AvaTrade

• 1Tendies

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Travel stocks have been fairly beaten up. I’ve picked up small DAL (pre-earnings). I’d like to go bigger, but still cautious of an overdue market pullback.

*Disclaimer: I’m on vacation and unplugged from news 98% of the time here.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
LA county starting mask mandate again. Can see travel stocks taking a hit if this catches on again.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No Nvidia in the top 5? Or did you sell before it tanked?
Sold on the way up as the split mania happened. I missed the top as it went crazier than even I imagined. I'll buy back in after the post split crash happens.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm definitely getting in soon.
I based my strategy on the two previous splits (AAPL and TSLA). Granted there isnt a lot of split data to track, so take it with a grain of salt. But so far NVDA followed the other two in the parabolic run up. Now we have to see if it seriously gaps down beginning next week. Pre-split high was about $650 and support low was around $525. Adjusted thats high of $162 and low of $131. That is my target trough to look for an entry.

1626440750988.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I haven't been paying attention to NVDA, are they doing a 4-1 split?
Yep. Record date was a while back (i think most retailers dont understand what a record date is) and the split happens before trading on Tues morning.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
NVDA 10-day chart
NVDA just letting out some much needed gas. I like the company, but there's no question the stock is high.

Stocks have cratered almost a percent this week on a whole. My portfolio sure is taking a beating. Is it time to panic yet?!

wooop.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA just letting out some much needed gas. I like the company, but there's no question the stock is high.

Stocks have cratered almost a percent this week on a whole. My portfolio sure is taking a beating. Is it time to panic yet?!

View attachment 362608
I wasn't dogging on the stock. I love it. I was showing how money is heading to the door with the split run up over. Bag holders who bought at $835 not in such good shape.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some serious selling over the last few weeks in the travel sector. some airlines and cruise lines the lowest price since last year.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Economy is roaring back with no inflation, no problems here. Trust me.