Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
And WTF happened to oil today? Christ I cant be offline for a couple of hours without things going to hell in a handbasket.

All the OPEC members agreed to pump more oil. There was a disagreement on pumping more or not between UAE and Saudi let it slide till today. So open the oil spigots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My calls stopped out at around 4.10 I believe, the current price is now 3.10
I have only had one of my limit orders hit today. I am hoping to see a tsunami of sell-on-close orders drop the last few minutes to pop some of my orders.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Ive lost 20k in my portfolio in the past 2-3 days. Wtf is going on with the market

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
bond funds
canadian wtf GIF by CBC

Seriously though. instead of looking at the last couple of days, look at the last couple of weeks. The odds are most likely you went up a lot more than you went down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
canadian wtf GIF by CBC

Seriously though. instead of looking at the last couple of days, look at the last couple of weeks. The odds are most likely you went up a lot more than you went down.
I’ll take a look. I honestly don’t check it but every few weeks so all I know is last time I checked it it was about 15k higher, didn’t look at the analytics. I know we’ve discussed this before sanrith but I have my investments under a financial advisor where the percentage charge just evens out versus me managing it myself. I’ve done it this way for ten years and have been satisfied. Better returns would always be welcome but at my current point in life I’m hesitant to jump in the pool with all you guys in this sub forum. Much respect - I just don’t have the time at the moment to do the learning required. I’d like to one day.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ll take a look. I honestly don’t check it but every few weeks so all I know is last time I checked it it was about 15k higher, didn’t look at the analytics. I know we’ve discussed this before sanrith but I have my investments under a financial advisor where the percentage charge just evens out versus me managing it myself. I’ve done it this way for ten years and have been satisfied. Better returns would always be welcome but at my current point in life I’m hesitant to jump in the pool with all you guys in this sub forum. Much respect - I just don’t have the time at the moment to do the learning required. I’d like to one day.
The trick is when discussing finances and the like you are better off using percentages rather than dollars. Saying you are down 20k in the last two days lacks context. If your invested portfolio is 1 million dollars and you are down 20k then you are down 2% which sounds quite normal for a short timeframe. If your portfolio is 100k then you are down 20% and something bad just happened.

So assume yesterday Blazin Blazin and I both lost 1.5% of our portfolios. His dollar amount loss is "significantly" larger than mine. Percentages > Dollar amounts.

ps.. If you are paying someone to manage your investments and he has you in bonds in the current market environment, you need to find a new investment manager. Inflation > Bond yields.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA
So here is the post-split chart. 50 DMA is $175, 100 DMA is $157 and 200 DMA is $146. My personal opinion is we can see a move eventually to down around the 100 DMA and I will likely re-enter it here if it hits it.

1626788278315.png

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Hey Fogel Fogel I'm guessing this is what happens when the FDA doesn't cooperate:

Ardelyx Down 74% After FDA Letter on Tenapanor

BY Dow Jones &amp; Company, Inc.
— 11:38 AM ET 07/20/2021
Ardelyx Inc. (ARDX) shares dropped 74% to $1.97 after the company said it received a letter from the FDA on its application for tenapanor in chronic kidney disease.​
The biopharmaceutical company after the bell Monday said it received a letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration stating that, as part of its review of the tenapanor new drug application for the control of serum phosphorus in adult patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis, the FDA identified deficiencies that "preclude discussion of labeling and post-marketing requirements/commitments at this time."​
The letter stated that the notification doesn't reflect a final decision on the information under review.​
Ardelyx said it requested a meeting to discuss the deficiencies and was notified by the FDA Monday that the request was denied.​
The FDA hasn't provided specific details regarding the deficiencies, but noted a key issue is the size of the treatment effect and its clinical relevance, Ardelyx said.​
Wedbush downgraded the stock to Neutral from Outperform and lowered the price target to $3.00 from $14.00.​
"With regulators indicating size of the treatment effect and its clinical benefit as a key issue, we are hard pressed to see anything but a Complete Response Letter emerging for tenapanor. The move is unexpected particularly in light of earlier labeling discussions between ARDX and FDA," Wedbush said.​

I don't post this as a gotcha, but more a "Damn!" since I've been watching the stock since you posted about it, though I never took the plunge because I wanted to see how it played out. Guess it now has nowhere to go but up making it a buy? *shrug*

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey Fogel Fogel I'm guessing this is what happens when the FDA doesn't cooperate:

Ardelyx Down 74% After FDA Letter on Tenapanor

BY Dow Jones &amp; Company, Inc.
— 11:38 AM ET 07/20/2021
Ardelyx Inc. (ARDX) shares dropped 74% to $1.97 after the company said it received a letter from the FDA on its application for tenapanor in chronic kidney disease.​
The biopharmaceutical company after the bell Monday said it received a letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration stating that, as part of its review of the tenapanor new drug application for the control of serum phosphorus in adult patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis, the FDA identified deficiencies that "preclude discussion of labeling and post-marketing requirements/commitments at this time."​
The letter stated that the notification doesn't reflect a final decision on the information under review.​
Ardelyx said it requested a meeting to discuss the deficiencies and was notified by the FDA Monday that the request was denied.​
The FDA hasn't provided specific details regarding the deficiencies, but noted a key issue is the size of the treatment effect and its clinical relevance, Ardelyx said.​
Wedbush downgraded the stock to Neutral from Outperform and lowered the price target to $3.00 from $14.00.​
"With regulators indicating size of the treatment effect and its clinical benefit as a key issue, we are hard pressed to see anything but a Complete Response Letter emerging for tenapanor. The move is unexpected particularly in light of earlier labeling discussions between ARDX and FDA," Wedbush said.​

I don't post this as a gotcha, but more a "Damn!" since I've been watching the stock since you posted about it, though I never took the plunge because I wanted to see how it played out. Guess it now has nowhere to go but up making it a buy? *shrug*
Best investing advice I ever saw for biotechs is to take your money and spread it around in small bits to as many biotechs as possible. 99% will crash and burn and the hope is the 1 that hits it hits a homerun for you. The other option is to just invest in the XBI. I choose the second option.