Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Economy is roaring back with no inflation, no problems here. Trust me.

Fuck :-(

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Economy is roaring back with no inflation, no problems here. Trust me.

this seems like a big deal

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Everything is so wonky when it comes to big money lately. Spending spikes and temporary large inflation is definitely a thing, and it'll take time to figure out how much of that sticks around longer term (I'm sure some). As an anecdote, a relatives business was really struggling for a year and a half, but last month they got what's normally two years worth of purchases/installs... in one week, so now a company that was running half speed has to suddenly kick into overdrive to cover the work that got dumped on them.

Between disruptions and big purchases, people seem williing to throw money at all their problems, and that's the main reason I'm not too scared for the economy despite how volatile just about everything has gotten.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It probably isn’t in the big scheme of things. Our logistics are completely fucked up. International orders of things that used to be a few weeks are now like 8+ months out if they even tell you an ETA. Everything is so backed up that you now have to pay a premium to get into a priority line to get your orders. My wife’s company had no idea about this premium and they’ve been waiting on some components for several months, when they were expecting a couple weeks. The shipping company skips you into priority if you pay an extra $3k...so other companies have just been hopping them for months, and as long as other people keep paying the premium you continue to get bumped. Taking one week off to clear up backlog and jams probably isn’t even enough really.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only thing green on the futures is the Vix which is break 20. We shall see, but not looking great.

Speaking of backlogs. Friend is a service manager at the local Ford dealer. Ford is going to start shipping the trucks with missing chips so dealers appear to have stock on the lot. Then the service techs intall the chips and test. He's super ticked, month or more long wait to even get your vehicle in the shop to be tested. People trying to drag thier car/truck along since they can't get a new one totally backlog months long.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Only thing green on the futures is the Vix which is break 20. We shall see, but not looking great.

Speaking of backlogs. Friend is a service manager at the local Ford dealer. Ford is going to start shipping the trucks with missing chips so dealers appear to have stock on the lot. Then the service techs intall the chips and test. He's super ticked, month or more long wait to even get your vehicle in the shop to be tested. People trying to drag thier car/truck along since they can't get a new one totally backlog months long.
Cyclical stocks doing well this morning (PG, KMB etc). NVDA getting hammered again as everyone runs for the door with the split tomorrow.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got oil lease payment Friday. Just in time for a change. In 2008 I had an offer and the bottom fell out before I could accept it.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I took a look at what the tards on Reddit were saying about stocks for the first time in a couple of months. AMC folks don’t fail to amuse still. At this point people mentally ill enough to believe this, I don’t think they’re ever going to go away. 20 years from now these people will be screaming “AMC to 500k!” unless it dissolves by then. Or of course it might be to $2m by then.

I love this guy’s logic…holding six months to only get tens of thousands of percent return, pish posh!
50C4A33B-5348-4C3C-AD72-F7237729145E.jpeg

89DDF7CA-0142-4783-8FBC-B717040013F5.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been out of touch meeting with a vendor all morning. Any idea what is driving the bleed today in the indexes? Any specific news or just meh, its red Monday?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And WTF happened to oil today? Christ I cant be offline for a couple of hours without things going to hell in a handbasket.