Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just sold 25 Put contracts on SPY 7/30 exp 405 strike

Just bought to close 60% Gain in 24hrs and I don't even charge for this service. Pretty much nailed bottom tick yesterday. Back to working on property until the next opportunity. July Nut earned in a day.

• 7Like
  • 3Tendies
Reactions: 9 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Best investing advice I ever saw for biotechs is to take your money and spread it around in small bits to as many biotechs as possible. 99% will crash and burn and the hope is the 1 that hits it hits a homerun for you. The other option is to just invest in the XBI. I choose the second option.
That "Spread it over all of the companies" approach is almost identical to how a lot of people approach the altcoin market in crypto. The downside is you lose 100% of your initial investment, the upside is you make 10x-30x if it blows up. This means moonbags on a wide spread of very new altcoins knowing over 50-60% of them are doomed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey Fogel Fogel I'm guessing this is what happens when the FDA doesn't cooperate:

Ardelyx Down 74% After FDA Letter on Tenapanor

BY Dow Jones &amp; Company, Inc.
— 11:38 AM ET 07/20/2021
Ardelyx Inc. (ARDX) shares dropped 74% to $1.97 after the company said it received a letter from the FDA on its application for tenapanor in chronic kidney disease.​
The biopharmaceutical company after the bell Monday said it received a letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration stating that, as part of its review of the tenapanor new drug application for the control of serum phosphorus in adult patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis, the FDA identified deficiencies that "preclude discussion of labeling and post-marketing requirements/commitments at this time."​
The letter stated that the notification doesn't reflect a final decision on the information under review.​
Ardelyx said it requested a meeting to discuss the deficiencies and was notified by the FDA Monday that the request was denied.​
The FDA hasn't provided specific details regarding the deficiencies, but noted a key issue is the size of the treatment effect and its clinical relevance, Ardelyx said.​
Wedbush downgraded the stock to Neutral from Outperform and lowered the price target to $3.00 from $14.00.​
"With regulators indicating size of the treatment effect and its clinical benefit as a key issue, we are hard pressed to see anything but a Complete Response Letter emerging for tenapanor. The move is unexpected particularly in light of earlier labeling discussions between ARDX and FDA," Wedbush said.​

I don't post this as a gotcha, but more a "Damn!" since I've been watching the stock since you posted about it, though I never took the plunge because I wanted to see how it played out. Guess it now has nowhere to go but up making it a buy? *shrug*

Yeah, FDA can be do or die, even for some of the bigger bio plays. I'm down on ITRM and ARDX, but still up on KMPH and BCRX. I also have SELB which also has an upcoming pdufa

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just bear in mind not every one has the $42,500 in cash to afford the cash to cover on a single contract for an SPY put. ;)
Cheaper ways to piggie back on my trade if people wanted (not crazy about people blindly following me however, though I don't think any are) Have probably posted enough of them to just not do it anymore people can use the search button and a chart if they cared enough to see.

Should have picked a higher strike to make more but always like to leave some room for being a little wrong on levels.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cheaper ways to piggie back on my trade if people wanted (not crazy about people blindly following me however, though I don't think any are) Have probably posted enough of them to just not do it anymore people can use the search button and a chart if they cared enough to see.

Should have picked a higher strike to make more but always like to leave some room for being a little wrong on levels.
I went a different route and used the airline instead of SPY for my puts. Pretty much the same result.

Molten Core Raider
Nice play! I'll admit, I considered it, but let the doom and gloom of the delta variant get in my head and didnt buy.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Keep posting.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NFLX taking it in the teeth on earnings. Caught somewhat of a bounce after that initial donkey punch of about -10%

1626812125984.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T announces earnings tomorrow. If they also announce a dividend cut due to the spinoff of Time Warner expect a tidal wave of selling. If they cut the dividend in exactly half, a fall to $25.50 will net a dividend yield of 4.0% AND you will also get those Spin off DISC shares which also pays a dividend. As much as I despise T's management, this might not be a bad Boomer play. Cutting their dividend by $7.5b will increase free cash flows to $35b and give them the cash to hammer down their debt.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FTEC +1% while AAPL is down 0.5%. That is mathematically impressive considering AAPL has a 20% weight in FTEC.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
T announces earnings tomorrow. If they also announce a dividend cut due to the spinoff of Time Warner expect a tidal wave of selling. If they cut the dividend in exactly half, a fall to $25.50 will net a dividend yield of 4.0% AND you will also get those Spin off DISC shares which also pays a dividend. As much as I despise T's management, this might not be a bad Boomer play. Cutting their dividend by $7.5b will increase free cash flows to $35b and give them the cash to hammer down their debt.
beer bar GIF by South Park

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
so look for red markets today?
Well, ABT is trading lower in the pre-market. We have earnings inflation now (or just shitty analysts). Its not enough to just beat now, you need to "crush". Just beating in 2021 is missing in 2019. Clown world.

But ABT did the right thing a month ago when they came out and advised the virus slowdown would slow their future testing revenue. The stock recovered and it ended up being a nice entry point on a two-day dip. I am up about 10% in that month.