Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FB squeeked by and warned on advertising headwinds. So sad...

1627503158060.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I understood the repo thing, but it sounds like it's in conflict with the taper definition? Taper seemed like it's saying "end QE," but the repo thing sounded like they were preparing to buy more treasuries?

Am I just reading it wrong?
Yes. Because Repo actions tend to be overnight or maybe 2 days duration loans.

QE goes way back in history. Its one of the real tools in the Fed toolbox. QE basically prints fake money, uses fake money to buy existing bonds and puts them on the balance sheet until they expire. It is a liquidity vehicle. Swaps longer dated bonds for cash which gets injected into the economy. This is ultra simplified. There was also project twist, but thats another rabbit hole. Taper means they will begin tapering the bond buying and thus slow down the liquidity infusions.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PYPL missed on Revenue. This is gonna hurt.
-7% so far.
-8.5%
This shit is going to leave a mark on my portfolio tomorrow.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
PayPal is a cancer and I actively hate it. Wish Swift were more convenient in the US

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My Qcom calls are happy with earnings. In non earnings news, I had bought TSM and ASML back in march due to the semiconductor shortage. I sold TSM last month because it would not move out of the 112-117 range, meanwhile ASML is up 47%

• 1Tendies

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My Qcom calls are happy with earnings. In non earnings news, I had bought TSM and ASML back in march due to the semiconductor shortage. I sold TSM last month because it would not move out of the 112-117 range, meanwhile ASML is up 47%
You are just a call buying fool now aint ya?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes. Because Repo actions tend to be overnight or maybe 2 days duration loans.

QE goes way back in history. Its one of the real tools in the Fed toolbox. QE basically prints fake money, uses fake money to buy existing bonds and puts them on the balance sheet until they expire. It is a liquidity vehicle. Swaps longer dated bonds for cash which gets injected into the economy. This is ultra simplified. There was also project twist, but thats another rabbit hole. Taper means they will begin tapering the bond buying and thus slow down the liquidity infusions.
So...possibly good news for the economy, but kind of shit news for equities, since the firehose is getting turned off (or lowered, more likely)?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Paypal is becoming more of a cancer than FB or GOOG in that they're teaming up with orgs like the SPLC to remove individual's bankability based on their political views.
Theyve already been doing this for years now. They will ban your account without warning if your transactions had any hint of being used for a firearms related purchase.

• 1Truth!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Theyve already been doing this for years now. They will ban your account without warning if your transactions had any hint of being used for a firearms related purchase.
Who in their right fucking mind would buy ANYTHING firearms related without using cash?

• 1EyeRoll

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who in their right fucking mind would buy ANYTHING firearms related without using cash?

I use my credit card but then I use the same card to go rent a boat. You know what happens next, its quite tragic

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They banned you for giving money to a friend? In the memo for the money did you put, "THIS IS FOR YOUR FIREARMS PURCHASE"?

He put "This is not for a firearms purchase!" but I think they saw through the subterfuge

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users