Investing General Discussion

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Like CI today? Good earnings report and they got crushed, -13% lol
Medical insurance companies should be considered a different category compared to P&C insurers in my opinion.

but yeah 13% cliff is large after a double beat haha

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Medical insurance companies should be considered a different category compared to P&C insurers in my opinion.

Yeah was just an example of exactly what Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes was talking about. Severe bad reaction to news that doesn’t make any sense.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I made a lot of money on UNH last year and sold it out too early. This might pay out nicely over the next few months.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since we are discussing it, CI has over $9B in free cash flow, PE ratio under 10 and EPS in excess of $23/share. That $4 annual dividend works out to 2% yield at this price.

1628174082912.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really need to stop macroing at the open. Can make or lose 600 in a 30 seconds like that. Today, it was a 600 loss that I just now dug myself out of. Its a 50/50 thing in the 1st ten minutes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, the 1st 30 minutes of the market always has crazy volatility both ways, I usually avoid doing anything until 10-10:30

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
COIN printing more money today. I need to remind myself to not be a hog.
Here is the chart. It is near the highest point it has hit since it crashed back in mid-May. I am wondering if Senate news trying to amend infrastructure bill to exclude crypto can push this higher.

1628183366533.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shorting AMD is like taking candy from a baby today. Other than stupidly macroing at the open and losing 600, it was a good day. in profits. I need to stop practicing new strategies in real money, and leave that for the simulator.
1st 30 min and last 30 minutes is swimming in the deep, deep water.
I usually start at the first signal after ten minutes in. I was trigger happy today for some reason.

And yeah, trading in the last 30 is a good way to get your face melted off.

• 1Worf

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
$475 today, not too happy because I macroed at the open and lost 600 on a stop. I saw wrong. So today would have been 1075, factoring that out.

I am my own worst enemy. I can't blame anyone but myself. Not going to sit and here and try to fight the lunch time grind, and don't want my face ripped in power hour. Done for the day.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still a lot of trading left in the day but those who grabbed some CI should be in the green. Bounced off the low of just under $200 and pretty steady now above $205.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curious indeed, thats a lot of shares for CLF.

What would you guys make of that?

curious.png

clf.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like tomorrow is another day to short AMD, with all the weak hands. Cramer called it yesterday. Reddit doesn't have enough bullets to keep all the MEMEs going. If AMC's earnings report is bad (which it should be), that will cause the reddit people to have to sell to cover margin. AMC could cause AMD to drop, which could be a good opportunity to short AMD and buy more. Honestly, if it gets back to 100, I'll load the wagon.

Pissed I missed out on the AMZN trade I had planned in my head. I really need to organize my trade ideas better. I always have them, but I get caught up in other trades.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like tomorrow is another day to short AMD, with all the weak hands. Cramer called it yesterday. Reddit doesn't have enough bullets to keep all the MEMEs going. If AMC's earnings report is bad (which it should be), that will cause the reddit people to have to sell to cover margin. AMC could cause AMD to drop, which could be a good opportunity to short AMD and buy more. Honestly, if it gets back to 100, I'll load the wagon.

Pissed I missed out on the AMZN trade I had planned in my head. I really need to organize my trade ideas better. I always have them, but I get caught up in other trades.
I keep loading my AMZN buy order at $3275. I am stalking my prey like a predatory cat.

Cat Jumping GIF

• 1Solidarity