Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
clapping clap GIF by Lil Dicky
There's so much volume right now that I just got crushed trying to short it 20 cents.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
170M on AMD already! Been holding this when it was at 70 and no one wanted. Now all the sudden its the new GME. I am scalping for pennies, its so volatile that I don't want the risk.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, the old adage is, volume precedes a price increase. But that's not always true, is it? Right now, its 200M volume, so volume is ramping up on AMD.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought a ton at opening day for my business. For my personal account, I bought at 268.
I got greedy when it hit $305 and said "I want a round 25% gain. It hasn't seen $250 since. Some, something hogs, something something.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, that was a miss. But he's been recommending AMD as it fell from 97 all the way to 70, so YMMV. His actionalerts have given me some hits.
I would be curious if you put all his action alerts in excel and see what his hit miss percentage was like and how big his hits were vs how painful his misses were.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I would be curious if you put all his action alerts in excel and see what his hit miss percentage was like and how big his hits were vs how painful his misses were.
I’d like to see this. I can’t believe some reddit autists haven’t done it already.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People loading up on the AMD puts.

Notable open interest changes for August 5th (TheFlyOnTheWall)
Wednesday's total option volume of 34.8 million contracts resulted in net open interest growth of 4.13 million calls and 3.05 million puts. Advanced Micro (AMD), Pfizer (PFE), General Motors(GM) and Apple(AAPL) saw the greatest growth. Top five new positions opened include 18k Las Vegas Sands (LVS) May-22 62.5 calls, 18k Advanced Micro (AMD) Oct-21 115 puts, 18k Advanced Micro (AMD) Oct-21 90 puts, 17k Macy's (M) Sep-21 18 calls and 17k Virtu Financial (VIRT) Dec-21 24 calls.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have somewhere, ask me in a bit and I'll pull it up. And that's just for what he suggests in actionalerts. A lot of what he says on TV doesn't make the cut for his portfolio.

In general, he's pretty good about when to buy something when it dips. It just takes awhile, because he doesn't trade on momentum, but fundamentals. Like he recommended NLL at 20, it didn't move for six months and then it went to 27.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
People loading up on the AMD puts.

Notable open interest changes for August 5th (TheFlyOnTheWall)
Wednesday's total option volume of 34.8 million contracts resulted in net open interest growth of 4.13 million calls and 3.05 million puts. Advanced Micro (AMD), Pfizer (PFE), General Motors(GM) and Apple(AAPL) saw the greatest growth. Top five new positions opened include 18k Las Vegas Sands (LVS) May-22 62.5 calls, 18k Advanced Micro (AMD) Oct-21 115 puts, 18k Advanced Micro (AMD) Oct-21 90 puts, 17k Macy's (M) Sep-21 18 calls and 17k Virtu Financial (VIRT) Dec-21 24 calls.

That's one titanic bet. What could go wrong.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have somewhere, ask me in a bit and I'll pull it up. And that's just for what he suggests in actionalerts. A lot of what he says on TV doesn't make the cut for his portfolio.

In general, he's pretty good about when to buy something when it dips. It just takes awhile, because he doesn't trade on momentum, but fundamentals. Like he recommended NLL at 20, it didn't move for six months and then it went to 27.
Honestly that is how I trade mostly. I look for oversold reactions to news on High quality stocks and I take positions. Sometimes I think the stock has crappy fundamentals or I just dont like it. My latest example was ABT. It got crushed recently for adjusting forward guidance due to slowdowns in testing and I pounced. Up 12% in a month or so when the market realized it was stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly that is how I trade mostly. I look for oversold reactions to news on High quality stocks and I take positions. Sometimes I think the stock has crappy fundamentals or I just dont like it. My latest example was ABT. It got crushed recently for adjusting forward guidance due to slowdowns in testing and I pounced. Up 12% in a month or so when the market realized it was stupid.
Like CI today? Good earnings report and they got crushed, -13% lol

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like CI today? Good earnings report and they got crushed, -13% lol
I dont tend to play in the insurance space so I hadnt been following them. Let me take a look at them.

Edit: Im not overly familiar with the space but their financial fundamentals are solid. I might take a flyer on a small position.

Edit 2: grabbed a starter position at $201.00 Thanks for the head's up.

2 year chart.

1628172689378.png

Last edited: