Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I use Slack every day all day.

What about Microsoft teams? Do you think it is helpful enough to productivity to achieve a pretty high saturation rate? They added 12,000 customers last year and now about 17,000 so far this year, but it doesn't seem they have any real competitive advantage to avoid Teams just bullying them out of the market.

Is it a product that once you have used, you feel that it becomes rather integral?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What about Microsoft teams? Do you think it is helpful enough to productivity to achieve a pretty high saturation rate? They added 12,000 customers last year and now about 17,000 so far this year, but it doesn't seem they have any real competitive advantage to avoid Teams just bullying them out of the market.

Is it a product that once you have used, you feel that it becomes rather integral?

It is 100% critical to day to day operations. It is far and away the primary way all teams communicate and especially so for when you need to reach out to other teams in your organization. I've developed a number of bots and extensions within it to interface with some more abstract elements in our infrastructure. It's very extensible like that and allows your users to, "personalize" a lot of stuff.

Teams is an extremely similar product but its main constraint is that if you are in the Microsoft Ecosystem (not JUST like user facing, like servers and everything) you have to generally use all of the rest of their shit. If you are an office running Mac like ours does you will never even have Teams on the table as an option.

Absolutely an integral product at any company that adopts it. Of that I have no doubt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
if you are in the Microsoft Ecosystem (not JUST like user facing, like servers and everything) you have to generally use all of the rest of their shit

My wife is in this position. She runs a distributed data science department and prefers Slack, but her company is partnered with MS in some kind of (hopefully) pre-acquisition courtship and they're obligated to use the full gamut of MS products. The biggest offense of this outcome is that she's obligated to run everything on Azure rather than AWS.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Are both the NASDAQ and S&P 500 within 150 points of their all time highs? What the fuck?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Are both the NASDAQ and S&P 500 within 150 points of their all time highs? What the fuck?

No the S&P 500 is 281 pts from its ATH (about 8%away) and the nasdaq is 223 pts away (about 2% off ATH), the QQQ (the nasdaq 100) did achieve a new ATH yesterday.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is 100% critical to day to day operations. It is far and away the primary way all teams communicate and especially so for when you need to reach out to other teams in your organization. I've developed a number of bots and extensions within it to interface with some more abstract elements in our infrastructure. It's very extensible like that and allows your users to, "personalize" a lot of stuff.

Teams is an extremely similar product but its main constraint is that if you are in the Microsoft Ecosystem (not JUST like user facing, like servers and everything) you have to generally use all of the rest of their shit. If you are an office running Mac like ours does you will never even have Teams on the table as an option.

Absolutely an integral product at any company that adopts it. Of that I have no doubt.
We tried both MS Teams and Cisco Webex. Both good. Its so much easier to text someone than pick up the phone. I have no knowledge of slack. It wouod have to be greatly superior to the other two and I don't know if it is. Unless it has some cool proprietary shit I'm not away of, it doesnt have a moat and its big competition (MSFT and CSCO) have some deep pockets.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No the S&P 500 is 281 pts from its ATH (about 8%away) and the nasdaq is 223 pts away (about 2% off ATH), the QQQ (the nasdaq 100) did achieve a new ATH yesterday.
I expect due to rebalancing and rotations the S&P will catch the Nasdaq. Long term (by end of year) that 8% at a minimum should be erased. Not a bad spot for some cash as a buy and hold position. An S&P position is not really ever a bad investment long term. It might get out performed but it isn't bad.

Louis

Trakanon Raider

I was actually discussing this with my manager yesterday. I went from a company that had Teams for about a year to one that was still using Skype. I found teams to be a massive improvement and miss it a good bit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
Slack is integral once it gets a foot in the door. there's nothing like it. it's so good at the evil job of making your employees feel like they need to be on call 24/7. even Teams which is its only real competitor doesn't compare. i'm in both and i usually pick a lane. I think Amazon announced tonight they have approved it for their employees. imho it's at a great price right now. meanwhile, still riding xspa...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We tried both MS Teams and Cisco Webex. Both good. Its so much easier to text someone than pick up the phone. I have no knowledge of slack. It wouod have to be greatly superior to the other two and I don't know if it is. Unless it has some cool proprietary shit I'm not away of, it doesnt have a moat and its big competition (MSFT and CSCO) have some deep pockets.

Webex is not remotely a similiar product to Teams/Slack unless they completely redesigned and repackaged it. I used it for 5 years at GM and it was a piece of shit.

Webex, Skype and Zoom would be competitors

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Webex is not remotely a similiar product to Teams/Slack unless they completely redesigned and repackaged it. I used it for 5 years at GM and it was a piece of shit.

Webex, Skype and Zoom would be competitors
It has a messaging component very similar to Teams.. its actually called Webex Teams.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope Buffett isn't looking at the airlines. AAL up another 30% pre-market. DAL up 15%. UAL up 20%. LUV up 8%

Whats scary is they were so hammered they still have some room to run.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My only regret at this point is not putting in more money.

Portfolio is up 50% from a couple months ago.

Biggest winners for me so far are CCL & RCL, up 85%

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My only regret at this point is not putting in more money.

I think even the people riding it feel that way. Job growth instead of loss for May is going to have the doubters start buying in. This level won't seem expensive when we are sitting at SPX 4000