Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A 3rd of the NSYE are decliners yet we are still up near 2%. Thats what happens when big tech starts rolling up 4% gains on the day. AAPL, AMZN, NVDA, in beast mode.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Pharma vaccine plays truly are roulette wheel stuff. Im backing ABBV and JNJ figuring if they hit the vaccine its a homerun, otherwise they still make me some nice money year in and year out. Vaccine would just be a happy ending surprise.
Definitely safer to stick with big pharma, and much bigger risk/reward with the small players. I invest for fun so I am most interested in trying to pick a winner based on "up-and-coming" technology. But I'm also prepared to see it all disappear with no warning.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh i got that, i just mean the $1650 in general.

fuck this stock (because i didnt buy it and because when i did buy it at 1K, i bought 1 share for lulz and then dumped it)

Elon thought TSLA price was too high 2.5 months ago when it was at $700, i wonder what he really thinks now that its at 1700+

Could be worse. I remember debating its merits at $50 ~6 years ago with some colleagues at work and we passed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
AMZN up almost 5%. It doesn't appear people are overly concerned about earnings season starting.

Edit - and WMT makes a new high after it announced its version of Amazon Prime last week.

Fuck yes, I hadnt heard about this but have gotten to hate fucking Amazon over the past year.

So this is good news to me, will be excited to dump prime.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck yes, I hadnt heard about this but have gotten to hate fucking Amazon over the past year.

So this is good news to me, will be excited to dump prime.

Same but to be fair though I hate Walmart too.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Stop order executed at 1750...

Lol no wonder stock guys did so much cocaine in the 80s

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone hazard a guess what we see out of DAL tomorrow morning? (Q2 earnings pre-market)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA back green almost 4%. If this gap fills today I will buy 1 share of this shitty company as there is no way it can fill.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone hazard a guess what we see out of DAL tomorrow morning? (Q2 earnings pre-market)
Analyst's consensus is -$4.10 a share. To be honest I dont think anyone has any idea what their numbers will be. Options rxpiring this week are pretty split call/put. This will be a coin flip.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tech sell-off looks to surround specific big names that were flying (AMZN, TSLA, NVDA). Industrials, financials and Healthcare still holding on the gains.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For anyone looking for an EV play, SHLL and SPAQ got hammered today. I have a price to re-enter SHLL at about $22. I bailed out at 32$ a few weeks back and then got stopped out on what I kept in play around $26.

SPAQ is bringing Fisker public. Expect mad volatility in it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
SPAQ is bringing Fisker public. Expect mad volatility in it.

Their car has a vegan interior, and is made from as many recycled parts as possible, including t-shirts, plastic bottles and old tires. Their SUV is also like half the price of all their competitors. Don't mind that they've left out so many specs that I can't really make much of an evaluation if it's possible or they're lying. These EV companies popping up like weeds are just getting more and more ridiculous.

• 1Like