Investing General Discussion

Pescador

Trakanon Raider

Oxford plans to run phase 3 (AstraZenaca) to July 2021,
Moderna has their study completing in October 2022.

Keep in mind that study completion dates can be very misleading. A typical Phase 3 vaccine study will takes years. But then again, a typical Phase 1 study also takes a year or two, and we are seeing multiple companies skipping straight from Phase 1 to Phase 3 within months now.

All the Phase 1 studies technically have "completion" dates in 2021 as well, and all the advancements to Phase 3 are based on preliminary readouts. Since safety and efficacy are going to be continuously monitored during Phase 3, these companies are all writing in a year or two of observation, while simultaneously hoping to detect an efficacy signal well before then. It seems inevitable that emergency use authorization, and possibly even full approvals, will also be based on preliminary readouts, this time for both safety and efficacy.

I'm still putting my money on at least 1 EUA occurring before the election. It's become too much of a political issue to assume that science alone will guide this decision.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Does the FDA just throw the dice and give out two or even 3 approvals before the election just to increase the chances that one truly works without creating zombies?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm still putting my money on at least 1 EUA occurring before the election.

1 EUA for widespread use? I'd be shocked if that happened. No doubt there's a very aggressive and shenanigany timeline that will play out here, and science wont guide it, but they should at least try to maintain a level of decorum.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1 EUA for widespread use? I'd be shocked if that happened. No doubt there's a very aggressive and shenanigany timeline that will play out here, and science wont guide it, but they should at least try to maintain a level of decorum.
We have to have a vaccine before the election otherwise we will be entering the winter without one and will be facing Coronachan's 15th wave.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We have to have a vaccine before the election otherwise we will be entering the winter without one and will be facing Coronachan's 15th wave.

There'll be a vaccine available before January 16 2021 mark my words. Especially if certain conditions are met.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There'll be a vaccine available before January 16 2020 mark my words. Especially if certain conditions are met.
There will be a vaccine by Monday Nov 2, 2020. I can promise you... come hell or high water.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
End result. I still own my shares. My guess is its going to tank after hours as those shares get dumped by whoever made the market for them.

Something missing from this, if you had a stop when the stop is triggered the order is converted to a market order to sell regardless of what happens in subsequent executions. Was your order a limit stop or a stop?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Company IPOs in general. Like just lists of upcoming ones. Nothing specific.

I don't know a good site that aggregates but the exchanges list their scheduled IPOs

Looks like nasdaq list includes the IPOs on the NYSE

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Something missing from this, if you had a stop when the stop is triggered the order is converted to a market order to sell regardless of what happens in subsequent executions. Was your order a limit stop or a stop?

Here is the cancellation info when it expired at the end of day. I use Fidelity's "exit plan" tool to design my stop loss orders.

1595940228926.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Bought ethereum.

Wanted to last week at 250. Didn't want to fuck with the wallet.

Bought some this morning at 315

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Company IPOs in general. Like just lists of upcoming ones. Nothing specific.
Marketwatch.com has a calendar

Speaking of IPOs, Rocket mortgage/Quicken Loans (the name thing is part of a previous trademark issue which is where Rocket came into creation) is going public next week.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Here is the cancellation info when it expired at the end of day. I use Fidelity's "exit plan" tool to design my stop loss orders.

View attachment 288614

Okay it was the first thing I checked. 11,584,721 shares trades in two lots on the ADF (Alternative Display Facility (ADF) | FINRA.org) So this was an off exchange bank making a trade that was logged by the nasdaq. There was no trade below your stop on the active exchange. No system overload etc. Often these trades settle after the close but it occurring right at the moment probably caused a good bit of confusion that 49.50 had been breached during the session.
Capture.JPG

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll look into it and get back to you. My guess is that the chart is wrong, I'll go through the trades
Dont spend any time on it. its really a minor thing. My belief is that when I looked at the time and sales info there were only about 100 blocks available on the bid side and when the orders for the 5m shares hit the market makers stepped in and prevented an absolute elevator down as liquidity evaporated. What has really got me thinking is who would move 20 million shares on the open market and not as block trades.

edit, so it was an off-exchange block trade. that makes more sense than someone dumping ten million shares on the open market.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kodak (KODK) makes drugs now!?? $765M drug production loan from gov announced. Shares +300%