Investing General Discussion

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
All the meme stocks seem to be halted. Will there come a point they stop allowing trades for the day?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it’s weird. They halt up, then plummet down to another halt, then skyrocket back up to halt. Over and over.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In fairness, this is something I was worried would happen. GME worked well because everyone was focused on the single stock.

When no one knows what the next one is, they spread to like half a dozen (EXPR, BB, SPCE, BBBY, NOK, etc), and...it all just kind of sputters out. The short sellers can eat a tiny loss to make sure they don't end up down billions because they know the squeeze is on.

That's why I said this ride may be over. Had everyone picked a single stock as the next one it might have worked, but alas it's probably too late.
I thought the GME ride was over like a million times and I was wrong 100% of the time.

Today's been crazy. CNBC outright lied about Melvin exiting their short position to tank the price pre-market.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

I wonder how many people have orders for GME at $420.69
its 2030. gamestop took this investment capital, shut down all their brick and mortar. Built a Digital marketplace, that is modern and up to date. free of Tencent and Chinese interference, it crushed Steam, and Epic games store. GME is $50,000/share.

so hold.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Genius!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I've put some sell orders in across the board on all these meme stocks I bought in the last few days. Need to shave some profits, IF they shoot back up some now. It all feels so surreal.

What is the deal with this Friday? Is everything coming to a head because of the end of the trading week and options/shorts expiring?> I'm half tempted to unplug till friday morning

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hahaha.

Every time Vanguard gets pegged with volume the entire site actually reverts to the old UI styling and it only shows overviews from the previous day.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
vanguard working again was able to set limit sells on all my spec shit - hopefully we get decent jumps and i'll be up like 5k on a few thousand bet

no more vanguard for speculation, retirements and etfs only

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought the GME ride was over like a million times and I was wrong 100% of the time.

Today's been crazy. CNBC outright lied about Melvin exiting their short position to tank the price pre-market.
Hope you're wrong. Right now it's looking like I got in AMC at almost the very top.

Had Robinhood not fucked me I could've been up about 10%.

Edit: Actually, looks like every single meme stock has done a complete freefall, claiming back about 50% of their gains for the day.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
2021, spam refreshing meme stocks. The descent into full clown has truly begun.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
AMC has been over a day and still sitting at 0. NOK and PLTR filled immediately using robinhood. Already had BB.