Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm honestly worried that this is going to trigger the bubble pop.

The big money is having to liquidate their other positions, which is likely why we saw the market super red today. If this gets worse, and it's looking like it will, the whole thing collapses similar to 2008.

Instead of hedges on CMO's like 2008, we've got shorts on top of shorts (how we got above 100% shorted).

We had a red day coming regardless of these shenanigans, need some red to make some green yadda yadda

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Be day of days if the money the printers are churning out in mass quantities has a small hand in "correcting" the market or busting the bubble lol.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cuban is a disingenuous fuck. A couple days ago he was whining about people "wasting their money" on uneducated FOMO stock plays (aka GME).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I’m in for about 4K between AMC and GME, my balls are exploding everyday with the ticker up. Don’t want to be left holding the bag, but more volatility / fun than I’ve had in years. Pay for my patio in full and I’ll be happy

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm curious since it seems like Melvin held the bulk of these shorts. Since they're essentially bankrupt at this point, who's buying? Like, who is on the hook here? It can't be Melvin because they're insolvent at this point. And it seems like Citron is as well, although I'm not positive about that. But surely they don't have $100B in assets to throw at this.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m in for about 4K between AMC and GME, my balls are exploding everyday with the ticker up. Don’t want to be left holding the bag, but more volatility / fun than I’ve had in years. Pay for my patio in full and I’ll be happy
Just remember you cant pay for your patio with paper gains. Close out when you start feeling like a hog.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It’s an interesting thought experiment and depending on your view of the tards should influence your other positions. I’m highly leveraged on multiple oil stocks with great dividends and may cash out tomorrow and just hold. Or yolo the memes. If we’re truly in clown world, join in or die

gme and other zombie companies are going to literally be feeding off of healthy stocks until this clown show ends.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m not in GME but I hope that’s real.
I'm starting to really buy into the narrative now.

Yesterday they dumped 2 billion in additional shorts because they figured they could bully the retail investors. It didn't work.

Today they tried to artificially lower the value by dumping stock into it during after hours. As long as we continue to buy, they'll be even more fucked.

From what I can tell, the short squeeze hasn't even started yet. The next 5 days or so is when the price really explodes. Now granted, from here to 1000 is only a 300% growth. And VW hit $1000/share too (with like a 12% float). This is one crazy fucking ride.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So the day is winding down. Post your actual (non-paper) realized gains/losses from AMC/GME. Its dick measuring time.

AMC - 100 shares in at $7.60 and out at $15.50. Gain of $790 for about 30 market minutes.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So I'm curious since it seems like Melvin held the bulk of these shorts. Since they're essentially bankrupt at this point, who's buying? Like, who is on the hook here? It can't be Melvin because they're insolvent at this point. And it seems like Citron is as well, although I'm not positive about that. But surely they don't have $100B in assets to throw at this.
There is probably going to be a lot of failure to deliver nonsense in this gme shitstorm. There’s a potential that this ends with lots of people holding ious from paupers that were formerly billionaires. I’m at the edge of my seat to see if the system just flat out breaks Friday. This situation is just not normal.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
gme and other zombie companies are going to literally be feeding off of healthy stocks until this clown show ends.
I think we’re going to see the amount of short positions out there go down by a lot before they become a target.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
reddit turns Wall Street into next NeoPets.

Basketball Wives Lol GIF by VH1

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So the day is winding down. Post your actual (non-paper) realized gains/losses from AMC/GME. Its dick measuring time.

AMC - 100 shares in at $7.60 and out at $15.50. Gain of $790 for about 30 market minutes.
So far I made $100 from my stop loss fuckup!

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I got amc for 4.70 yday morn and out today at 19.30 for around a 3800 gain

have around 500 shares of nok i'm hoping to dip out of tomorrow

• 1Quality Calories