Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even without restrictions on buying, retail losses were always going to happen. Everyone knows that at some point GME is going to peak and then absolutely crater and not come back. There was always going to be plenty of retail holding part of the bag.
Yeah, sure... But I think the theory is that the market is supposed to determine those things, not the platforms.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Glad I closed my cheap positions out yesterday for my little $120 profit, and I'm not touching the market again until next week. Maybe things will settle a bit by then. That said, this whole thing is fucked. Brokers disabling buys while leaving the door open to sell is of course, going to drive the price down which forces you to sell because if you try to hold through that, your going to get fucked. In the end, the hedges get what they want.

But we knew this.
shocked blunt talk GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol protecting you from volatility they created and then dumped napalm on the fire by limiting your ability to buy.

• 3Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some of my facebook friends begging so hard for daddy government's cock in their ass in threads about this. "You should only be able to trade stocks through a certified financial advisor."

• 3WTF
  • 1Barf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Some of my facebook friends begging so hard for daddy government's cock in their ass in threads about this. "You should only be able to trade stocks through a certified financial advisor."

pathetic

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
and looking like wsb has been nuked

nm its back - i'd put money on that original sub not existing by the end of the day

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
DEMOCRATIZE FINANCE as we remove your ability to participate in the market.
Statement checks out.

Also put "robinhood lawsuit" into twitter search and you'll see that the nerds are ANGRY.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I set up a Merrill Edge account and it was instantly approved but I can't login lol.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Robinhood is so fucked up right now I can't even transfer money out. Even though I have no money in anything, it says "money available to transfer to your bank: $0"

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I set up a Merrill Edge account and it was instantly approved but I can't login lol.
I tried to sign up for Fidelity since the Robinhood fuckery and I got a "Sorry something went wrong". Holy fuckin' shit.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Oh lawd

Well, people should be going to prison for this, at a minimum.

But, instead it will be the fault of the plebs, and after mommy and daddy have talked they will figure out the appropriate punishment

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Robinhood is so fucked up right now I can't even transfer money out. Even though I have no money in anything, it says "money available to transfer to your bank: $0"
You earned that money by cheating big Wall street out of it. You have to let them get a do over so they get it back.

So its really not your money.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Doesn't surprise me. They are going to be delaying funds going out. I won't be surprised if Robinhood goes bankrupt and shuts the doors to hold cash and protect itself.

• 1Like