Investing General Discussion

I think this has to have legal / legislative follow-up. There is no such thing as "open market for me but not for thee." That can't happen.

That means, the system insiders get the Newtonian market but the average able seaman about other business than being an insider has to deal with the quantum market.

Sounds fishy.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
This congressional concern is all a larp. They will push for the SEC to freeze trading of GME until an 'investigation' is complete. Your only recourse will be to sue whoever they blame, who are probably already drafting backruptcy and re-incorporation paperwork. All these 'poors' buying up stock will be left holding a lot of worthless paper. Just like the election, you have no voice and no power.

Screenshot_2021-01-28 Investor Bulletin Trading Suspensions Investor gov.png

Screenshot_2021-01-28 SEC gov Joint Statement Regarding Ongoing Market Volatility.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think this has to have legal / legislative follow-up. There is no such thing as "open market for me but not for thee." That can't happen.

That means, the system insiders get the Newtonian market but the average able seaman about other business than being an insider has to deal with the quantum market.

Sounds fishy.
So the market works fine for them as long as nobody is looking? Clever insight.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For those looking for for new home, Fidelity has been a champ thru this shit. I bought and sold AMC as well as options on AMC today.

I wanted to get Fidelity to begin with, but ended up going with Stash. The problem is that some employer already opened a Fidelity account in my name at some point, and I couldn't open a new one or use the existing one to trade stocks. Until I get in touch with them to sort it out, Fidelity is off the table. Meanwhile Stash is blocking purchases of AMC or GME. So yeah.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Don't know the ownership breakdown of Robinood. But what is to keep a hedge fund or investment firm that's own the hook for billions and billions in a situation like Gamestop shorts just buying or "donating" some serious cash to RH to have it shut down the buying. In the end even a large buyout would be a positive.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I wanted to get Fidelity to begin with, but ended up going with Stash. The problem is that some employer already opened a Fidelity account in my name at some point, and I couldn't open a new one or use the existing one to trade stocks. Until I get in touch with them to sort it out, Fidelity is off the table. Meanwhile Stash is blocking purchases of AMC or GME. So yeah.

A friend had the same issue, what it required to fix it was sending in a paper application. Have fidelity mail the correct application to you.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got involved in a land war in Asia? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Fuck these fucks. What a joke.

I put $400 into a Robinhood account earlier this week before all of this happened. Ended up using Stash instead, so that $400 "buying power" is still sitting in Robinhood untouched. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it out and close the account. They haven't actually taken the $400 out of my bank account yet, and I wanted to cancel the whole thing before they do, but there's no option for that. I guess I have to wait until the money gets processed by them, THEN request a withdrawal back to my account, hopefully with no new fees I don't know about (it's a $75 fee to transfer to a different broker once you've started trading). Robinhood seems pretty shady in general.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I put $400 into a Robinhood account earlier this week before all of this happened. Ended up using Stash instead, so that $400 "buying power" is still sitting in Robinhood untouched. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it out and close the account. They haven't actually taken the $400 out of my bank account yet, and I wanted to cancel the whole thing before they do, but there's no option for that. I guess I have to wait until the money gets processed by them, THEN request a withdrawal back to my account, hopefully with no new fees I don't know about (it's a $75 fee to transfer to a different broker once you've started trading). Robinhood seems pretty shady in general.
If they haven't taken the money out yet, contact your bank.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users