Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If they haven't taken the money out yet, contact your bank.

Just talked to them, they said they can do a block on Robinhood accessing my account but it'll cost me a $25 fee. Whatever. I'd rather wait and let Robinhood take the money and then just withdraw it back, but at this point I don't know if there'll be a Robinhood in a week to do that. $25 it is! I'm sustaining a net loss this week regardless after today's tomfoolery.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Of course we can't have bad reviews when Robinhood wants to go public:

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Don't worry guys, the government will step in ... Oh..

Amazing watching these "journalists" ask questions about concepts, ideas and events they have absolutely zero understanding of.

Really goes to show theyre just NPCs asking talking point buzz word questions then generate nonsense based off the nonsense answer to their nonsense question.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
GameStop back up to $300 range. Wonder if they’ll just blatantly halt it every day until it goes away.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Don't worry guys, the government will step in ... Oh..

saying it's disinformation that citadel doesn't own robinhood and not explaining their relationship is just as much disinformation as saying citadel owns robinhood

They don't OWN them, but they own them

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Made the call to not do any sort of safety net emergency sale threshold because I was sure they would go HAM today trying to unfuck themselves today. Is there any window as to when the shorts "fail" over the next week day by day? And is there ANY sort of metric to build guesswork models to predict conservative upper/lower end implications on the stock value when they go? I'm not a stock guy but i've got a few thousand in play for fun.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If I was smart I would have waited to buy back in at $6 but of course by then they wouldn't let me buy lol.

I'm still salty my sell at $21 didn't process in time. I sold around 18.5 but rebought too soon.

I think there is a decent chance it makes another run at it tomorrow when people are back able to trade but if volumes are high people may still have trouble getting an execution. My worry is that wallstreet will front run them overnight on lower volume just to dump it on retail in the morning when they are able to trade.

• 1Truth!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What are the chances that if Wall Street can't turn the dial back far enough by the time the positions are due to be called in, that they just get a moratorium and continue trying to manipulate the market?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What are the chances that if Wall Street can't turn the dial back far enough by the time the positions are due to be called in, that they just get a moratorium and continue trying to manipulate the market?

from my almost complete none-understanding, some folks were talking about how they bought some time with the shit they pulled today and we're able to get out of some of their riskier positions with profits they probably made by shorting todays bullshit.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think there is a decent chance it makes another run at it tomorrow when people are back able to trade but if volumes are high people may still have trouble getting an execution. My worry is that wallstreet will front run them overnight on lower volume just to dump it on retail in the morning when they are able to trade.
You should explain front-running to the pleebs so they can understand the fucking they are going to take.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
from my almost complete none-understanding, some folks were talking about how they bought some time with the shit they pulled today and we're able to get out of some of their riskier positions with profits they probably made by shorting todays bullshit.
This. Watch how this probably worked today. At the peak this morning all the hedgies "found" a metric ton of shares to short (like finding votes at 3am). The pleebs were then prevented from buying the stocks. Price plummets 30-50%. Hedgies close out their new shorts for mad profits. Mad profits used to cover their shitty positions. Hedgies saved, pleebs miraculously allowed to buy shares again.

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
375D891C-471C-4079-8EFA-BCCDD7C3A90C.jpeg
AEED3ED8-10A0-4EB5-B5AE-48DD2F03FF17.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Theres no way the billionaire hedge fund managers arent calling favors everywhere right now. GME almost back up to $300 AH.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This. Watch how this probably worked today. At the peak this morning all the hedgies "found" a metric ton of shares to short (like finding votes at 3am). The pleebs were then prevented from buying the stocks. Price plummets 30-50%. Hedgies close out their new shorts for mad profits. Mad profits used to cover their shitty positions. Hedgies saved, pleebs miraculously allowed to buy shares again.

the question is did they save themselves from tomorrows squeeze or is this drama going to continue another week

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
saying it's disinformation that citadel doesn't own robinhood and not explaining their relationship is just as much disinformation as saying citadel owns robinhood

They don't OWN them, but they own them
Ditto with "ackshually it wasn't $810k for a single speech." Fine, it was $810k for several speeches, I GUESS YOU WIN!

And fuck the Press Sec. with "she's an expert." Apparently experts can't be wrong about anything and bribing them isn't a thing.

• 1Like